Whipped Cream Frosting is probably one of my favorite kinds of frosting because it’s so light and delicious! I love adding in on top of sheet cakes or frosting naked cakes with it as those types of cake allow it to just be rustic, pillowy, and fluffy. So today I’m sharing my recipe for Whipped Cream Frosting.
You can do so much with this frosting, so get creative this summer! Use it to top sheet cakes and stack naked cakes as I mentioned above. And you can also use it to make cake jars, top cupcakes, sandwich soft and chewy cookie pies, top tarts and more. Get the recipe below for my Whipped Cream Frosting.
Tips for Making the Best Whipped Cream Frosting
• Use high quality organic heavy whipping cream. My favorite is Organic Valley and it’s what we use daily at Dessert’D.
• What is the difference between ultra-pasteurized or pasteurized? The main difference here is the temperature the cream was heated to before packaging. What that means for you is the ultra-pasteurized will last longer than just pasteurized. So, if you are purchasing cream and won’t use it right away, definitely opt for the ultra-pasteurized. If you’re going to use it that day, then no worries you can get either one. They both will still whip up the same delicious and fluffy Whipped Cream Frosting.
• Whipped Cream Frosting is similar to making homemade whipped cream, so if you’ve done that before then you got this in the bag! It’s a very easy frosting to make and it whips up in just a few minutes.
• Make sure to serve this immediately or store whatever you made with it in the fridge as the cream needs to be refrigerated.
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Whipped Cream FrostingDifficulty: Easy
Make this easy Whipped Cream Frosting for a light and fluffy topping to cakes, cupcakes, or pies!
2 cups organic heavy whipping cream
142 grams (1 cup) organic powdered sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or using a hand mixer), add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Whisk on low, and gradually increase speed as mixture starts to thicken, until you are at full speed. Whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Use immediately or store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- High Altitude — Follow the recipe as noted.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Strawberry Whipped Cream Cake recipe, which I’m sure you’ll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!