Spring is finally here in Mammoth and I couldn’t be more excited. I am ready for warm weather and spring inspired desserts! So coconut and fruity flavors are both on my mind right now. I guess that’s how I thought of these Raspberry Frosted Vegan Brownies with Toasted Coconut. These just scream Spring, and they look adorable too with light pastel pink frosting. Find the recipe below.
Tips for Making the Best Vegan Raspberry Frosted Brownies
• Make sure your dark chocolate is finely chopped, the smaller the pieces the easier it melts when the hot water is added over the top. And you want it all melted so the brownie batter is smooth.
• Once the hot water has been added into the batter, you must work quickly. That’s why it’s important to have everything ready. As the hot water will start to cool as soon as it’s incorporated and that will make the batter stiffer.
• Make sure to spread the batter evenly, this makes for even brownies.
• Once the brownies are frosted, it’s best to wrap them individually so the they don’t stick together (because of the glaze). Or you can wrap a platter with them on it. But, they should be in something airtight to retain their soft and chewy texture.
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Vegan Toasted Coconut Raspberry BrowniesDifficulty: Easy
Chewy rich dark chocolate brownies are topped with a raspberry glaze and toasted coconut for an amazing vegan brownie!
284 grams (1 1/4 cups) organic cane sugar
57 grams (1/2 cup) chopped organic dark chocolate
57 grams (2/3 cup) organic Dutch cocoa, sifted
1/2 teaspoon organic ground vanilla bean
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup organic coconut oil
1/4 cup organic coconut milk
255 grams (2 cups) organic all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
354 grams (1 1/2 cups) organic powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon organic raspberry extract
pinch of ColorKitchen Pink Dye
1/4 cup organic coconut milk
30 grams (1/3 cup) organic fine shredded unsweetened coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with parchment paper, or grease with canola oil.
- In a double boiler, add the sugar, dark chocolate, cocoa, and water. Melt completely and transfer to a stand mixing bowl with the paddle attachment.
- Add the coconut milk, flour, vanilla bean, baking powder and sea salt in that order. Mix on low until combined, do not over mix. Pour into the baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- On a baking sheet, spread out the fine shredded coconut and bake for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Once the brownies are cooled, remove from pan and start the glaze. In mixing bowl, add all ingredients and whisk until you have a smooth pink glaze.
- Pour over the top of the brownies and sprinkle with toasted coconut. Cut into 12 brownies (3 x 4).
- Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
- Gluten Free – Just substitute the organic flour for 255 grams (1 2/3 cups) organic gluten free flour blend.
- High Altitude – Bake at 350°F for 17 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Vegan Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, which I’m sure you’ll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!