This recipe for Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies are big, soft, and chewy banana cookies with loads of chocolate chips. This easy recipe makes a dozen large cookies that are will impress anyone who loves banana cookies!
If you're looking for more vegan cookie recipes, try some of my other favorites like my Vegan Dark Chocolate Almond Cookies, Vegan Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cookies, or my Vegan Funfetti Sugar Cookies.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
This easy vegan cookie recipe is made using bananas and coconut oil along with classic cookie ingredients like sugar, flour, and chocolate chips. So, if you want you could probably call this a healthy banana chocolate chip cookie recipe! I love this Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe because even if you are not vegan, you will totally love it! The soft and chewy texture is exactly what you want in a cookie and you're not missing any butter or eggs in this one, I promise!
This recipe for Vegan Banana Cookies makes a dozen cookies. These are bigger than the usual sized cookies I make. It's fun to make bigger cookies once in a while. This recipe makes 12 cookies, which are double the size of most of my usual cookie recipes. Check out my article How Many Cookies Equal a Big Cookie?
Ingredients for Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip CookiesDifficulty: Easy
Soft, chewy, and bursting with flavor these giant Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies are a cookie recipe you'll love!
113 grams (1/2 cup) organic coconut oil
113 grams (1/2 cup) organic cane sugar
113 grams (1/2 cup) organic packed dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
1 organic large ripe banana
255 grams (2 cups) organic all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
198 grams (1 cup) organic semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the coconut oil, cane sugar, dark brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix on low until combined and there are no chunks of coconut oil.
- Add the banana, flour, baking soda, and sea salt in that order and mix to combine completely. Add the chocolate chips and mix on low until combined.
- Using your hands, form the dough into 12 balls and place them on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten them slightly so they are about 2-inches in diameter.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown on the bottoms. Allow to cool completely on the baking sheets.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
- Gluten Free — Replace the all purpose flour with 269 grams (1 3/4 cups) organic gluten free flour blend.
- High Altitude — Bake at 375°F for 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly golden brown on the bottoms.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!