My Ham & Cheese Rolls with Honey Butter was a really popular recipe over the holidays. If you haven’t tried them, then I’d definitely recommend as you can make them any time of year. Or even if you have left over ham from Easter, the recipe would be amazing to use that!
Since I’ve made those, Delaney has been asking me for more rolls, and more rolls. We recently got some really good Organic Valley Pepperjack Cheese, and so I thought I would make some Turkey Pepperjack Rolls. These are similar to my Ham & Cheese Rolls with Honey Butter but, they use turkey, pepperjack, and broccoli inside along with some spices.
I love making simple savory recipes like these Turkey Pepperjack Rolls because they can be made for so many different occasions. You could serve these rolls for Easter brunch, lunch, or even as an appetizer. If you have leftovers, they are easily reheated for a snack late or even for lunch the next day. This recipe for Turkey Pepperjack Rolls is also flexible, if you don’t have pepperjack cheese you can substitute for any type of cheese you have such as: Swiss, Cheddar, Mozzarella or anything else you might like! Get this easy recipe for my Turkey Pepperjack Rolls below.
Why go organic?
You may be wondering why I push organic ingredients for everything, even savory and healthy dishes. Organic ingredients go beyond just health and wellness, and contribute so much to the taste and flavor of a recipe. So, if you think that you’re making something healthy and buying fruits, veggies, or meats so maybe you don’t need to spend the extra to go organic here – let me sway your thinking.
Organic ingredients are made in a more pure way, therefore using no additives, no GMOs, and minimal ingredients. This really allows the true ingredients to shine – and because of that their flavor shines through. Therefore, organic ingredients are more flavorful than their non organic counterparts. So, just because it’s already a healthy recipe, or you’re already buying good for you ingredients – it doesn’t mean you can skip organic! Trust me here, and make the switch. Your body and your taste buds will thank you!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Turkey Pepperjack RollsDifficulty: Intermediate
A soft and sweet brioche dough is rolled up with turkey, pepperjack cheese, broccoli, and spices for a savory roll that can be enjoyed as a snack or side dish!
10 grams (1 tablespoon) organic active dry yeast
1/2 teaspoon organic cane sugar
1/4 cup warm water
1/4 cup (57 grams) organic salted butter
1 cup organic milk
1 teaspoon organic raw honey
446 grams (3 1/2 cups) organic all purpose flour
57 grams (1/4 cup) organic cane sugar
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/4 cup (57 grams) organic salted butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon organic garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon organic dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon organic dried sage
12 ounces organic turkey
8 ounces organic pepperjack cheese
1 heaping cup organic broccoli, chopped
2 tablespoons butter, melted
- To make the dough: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, add the yeast, 1/2 teaspoon cane sugar, and warm water. Stir together and let it sit until it becomes, about 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, add the butter, milk and honey. Put over medium heat, and melt. Remove when completely melted.
- Add the flour, 57 grams cane sugar, and sea salt to the mixing bowl in that order. Add in the milk mixture and knead on low for 5 minutes, until smooth. Transfer the the dough to a bowl, and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise for 1 to 3 hours, until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- To make the filling: In a small bowl, add the 1/4 cup butter, garlic powder, oregano, and sage. Stir together.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to a rectangle that is about 12 x 16 inches. Using a spatula spread the butter all over the rolled out dough. Add the turkey and cheese on top of the butter, and sprinkle the chopped broccoli on top.
- Starting at the larger side, fold the dough over and start to roll the dough until it is completely rolled into a log. Trim off each of the ends, then cut the dough log into 12 rolls. Place in muffin tin.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the tops of the rolls with the melted butter.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- High Altitude — Bake at 350°F for 20 to 23 minutes, or until golden brown.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Ham & Cheese Rolls with Honey Butter recipe, which I’m sure you’ll love too! And, share it with someone who you think will like it too!