This simple Turkey Bacon Sweet Potato Hash is an easy breakfast hash recipe that is perfect for weekends or brunch. I use ground turkey for a healthy breakfast that you will love! If you want even more protein, top with sunny side up eggs!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
This easy Turkey Bacon Sweet potato Hash is an easy breakfast hash recipe that is healthy and so delicious! This easy breakfast hash is delicious all on its own as it’s full of sweet potatoes, bacon, ground turkey, and spinach. It also goes well with toast, waffles, pancakes, bagels, eggs – literally all the brunch things!
I created this easy breakfast hash recipe with my friends at Organic Prairie using their Organic Pork Bacon and Organic Ground Turkey. If you haven’t shopped online through Organic Prairie yet, you should! It’s so easy to get organic meat delivered to your door!
Ingredients for Turkey Bacon Sweet Potato Hash
Organic Sweet Potato
Organic Yellow Onion
Can I use pork instead of turkey?
Absolutely! If you want to use organic ground pork instead of turkey you can totally do that. It would be delicious with pork too!
Can I use Russet potatoes instead of sweet potatoes?
Yes! Of course, you can use Russet potatoes if you prefer. Russet potatoes would also be delicious with the ground turkey or even ground pork!
Can I use kale instead of spinach?
Yes! You can use kale in place of spinach if you prefer, or you can use a mixture of both.
Why go organic?
You may be wondering why I push organic ingredients for everything, even savory and healthy dishes. Organic ingredients go beyond just health and wellness, and contribute so much to the taste and flavor of a recipe. So, if you think that you're making something healthy and buying fruits, veggies, or meats so maybe you don't need to spend the extra to go organic here – let me sway your thinking.
Organic ingredients are made in a more pure way, therefore using no additives, no GMOs, and minimal ingredients. This really allows the true ingredients to shine – and because of that their flavor shines through. Therefore, organic ingredients are more flavorful than their non organic counterparts. So, just because it's already a healthy recipe, or you're already buying good for you ingredients – it doesn't mean you can skip organic! Trust me here, and make the switch. Your body and your taste buds will thank you!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Turkey Bacon Sweet Potato HashDifficulty: Easy
1 organic large sweet potato
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon organic parsley
1/2 teaspoon organic paprika
1 package Organic Prairie Pork Bacon
12 ounces Organic Prairie Ground Turkey
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
3/4 teaspoon organic black pepper
1/2 teaspoon organic garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon organic fennel seed
1/2 cup diced yellow onion
2 cups organic spinach
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Like a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the sweet potato into 1/2-inch cubes.
- In a large bowl add 1 tablespoon olive oil, parsley, and paprika. Add the sweet potatoes and coat completely.
- Spread out evenly onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft when poked with a fork.
- In a toaster oven or skillet, cook bacon to your liking. Chop into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, add the ground Turkey, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and fennel and stir to combine completely.
- In a large skillet add 2 tablespoons olive oil and onions. Put over medium/high heat and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add in the Turkey and break up with a spatula and continue to cook until done, about 10 minutes.
- Add in the spinach and cover with a lid for 2 to 3 minutes to steam the spinach, remove lid.
- Add in sweet potatoes and continue to cook and lightly brown Turkey and sweet potatoes to your liking.
- Add in chopped bacon and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.
- High Altitude – Follow the recipe as noted.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Maple Cranberry Scones recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!