I love ribs. I have been eating them since I was a baby, and my parents would take me to the famous rib joint downtown. We’d sit in a corner table and I’d eat my ribs and then throw the bones back over my head into the corner, apparently. I bet the waiter loved me, haha. And growing up my mom would always let us pick what we had for dinner on our birthdays, and I’m pretty sure I chose ribs every single year that I lived at home.
While all these occasions I remember eating and loving ribs, they’ve always been barbecue. And don’t get me wrong, I love barbecue ribs. But, I decided to branch out a little and make these Sweet Chili Baby Back Ribs and they did not disappoint!
I made my own Sweet Chili rub and sauce for these oven baked baby back ribs. The trick to making fall of the bone baby back ribs in the oven is roasting them low and slow! And this actually makes these Sweet Chili Baby Back Ribs a very easy dinner to make as you just put them in the oven and leave them. I serve them with rice and a little salad, and dinner is served! I bought my baby back ribs fro GrassRoots CoOp, and they were amazing. I would highly recommend trying them out! Get the recipe for my Sweet Chili Baby Back Ribs below.
Why go organic?
You may be wondering why I push organic ingredients for everything, even savory and healthy dishes. Organic ingredients go beyond just health and wellness, and contribute so much to the taste and flavor of a recipe. So, if you think that you’re making something healthy and buying fruits, veggies, or meats so maybe you don’t need to spend the extra to go organic here – let me sway your thinking.
Organic ingredients are made in a more pure way, therefore using no additives, no GMOs, and minimal ingredients. This really allows the true ingredients to shine – and because of that their flavor shines through. Therefore, organic ingredients are more flavorful than their non organic counterparts. So, just because it’s already a healthy recipe, or you’re already buying good for you ingredients – it doesn’t mean you can skip organic! Trust me here, and make the switch. Your body and your taste buds will thank you!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Sweet Chili Baby Back RibsDifficulty: Easy
These baby back ribs are glazed in a sweet chili sauce and topped with sesame seeds and scallions for an Asian inspired rack of ribs.
2 racks of baby back ribs
2 teaspoons fine salt
1 teaspoon organic black pepper
1 teaspoon organic garlic powder
1 teaspoon organic onion powder
1/4 cup Date lady Sweet Chili Sauce
1 tablespoon organic sesame oil
1 teaspoon organic soy sauce
Juice if half an organic lime
organic Sesame seeds
organic green onions
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Remove membrane from the baby back ribs and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small dish add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder and mix together. Sprinkle the dry rub all over the top of the ribs and rub in.
- Cover the ribs with another piece of foil and seal the two foil pieces together, so the ribs are not uncovered at all.
- Bake for 3 hours or until the ribs are tender, remove from oven and remove foil.
- To make the sauce: In a small bowl, add the date sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, and lime juice and mix together.
- Using a pastry brush brush on about half of the sauce. Bake for 15 more minutes. Remove from oven, and brush on the remaining sauce and bake again for 10 more minutes.
- Upon coming out of the oven, top with sesame seeds and chopped scallions.
- Serve with white rice or salad.
- High Altitude — Follow the recipe as noted.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Easy Wonton Soup recipe, which I’m sure you’ll love too! And, share it with someone who you think will like it too!