I’ve got an easy, delicious, and festive recipe for Valentine’s Day tomorrow! These Strawberry Glazed Baked Donuts are naturally light pink and I add rainbow sprinkles and heart sprinkles for a sweet treat that will brighten up anyone’s Valentine’s Day.
Valentine’s Day has always been one of my favorite holidays, probably because it is purely made up. I know that’s why some people hate it, as there is no “meaning” behind it and it was made up for consumerism to take place and sell things. But, to make up a day to show love to people who matter to you is a really amazing idea to me. So, I’ve always loved it.
When I was young, I would wake up to a present on my plate at the breakfast table. Sometimes it was a tangible item like a kite or a ski jacket, and sometimes it was a simple dark chocolate vanilla buttercream candy. My mom always made Valentine’s Day special, even if it was just one small thing. And I think that’s all that you should strive for this holiday. Show the people in your life that you love them. It doesn’t have to be a gift, it can be a favor, or something you do like even picking flowers. But, it can also definitely be a sweet treat that just makes them smile. It’s really the thought that counts with this holiday!
Because my mom always made breakfast the time to show love on Valentine’s Day, I thought I’d make these Strawberry Glazed Baked Donuts incase you want to do the same. When making baked donuts, they really don’t take much time at all, so you can easily make them in the morning. And I use fresh strawberries in this glaze to make them naturally pink without the use of any artificial colors. I also topped them with natural sprinkles that are colored with fruits and vegetables as well. I love that there are better for you options for decorating now, so it’s easier to be a little festive! Get the recipe below for these easy Strawberry Glazed Baked Donuts.
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Strawberry Glazed Baked DonutsDifficulty: Easy
These cake-like baked donuts are topped with a strawberry glaze and rainbow sprinkles for an easy brunch treat that takes less than 30 minutes!
255 grams (2 cups) organic all purpose flour
170 grams (3/4 cup) organic cane sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoons organic cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon organic nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 organic large egg
1 cup organic heavy whipping cream
57 grams (2 ounces) organic cream cheese
1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
6 tablespoons organic salted butter, melted
1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
organic canola oil cooking spray
6 organic strawberries, finely chopped
284 (2 cups) organic powdered sugar, sifted
2 tablespoons organic milk
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- To make the batter: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the flour, cane sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sea salt and whisk together to combine.
- Add the egg, heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, maple syrup, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Mix on low until combined into a thick batter. Transfer the batter to a piping bag.
- Spray the donut pans with canola oil cooking spray. Pipe the batter into into the pans, or if you don’t want to pipe, you can also just spoon it into the pans too!
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in the pans.
- To make the glaze: In a medium bowl, add the strawberries and muddle them. Next add the powdered sugar and milk and whisk together until you have a smooth glaze.
- Dip the tops of each donut into the glaze and set back on the parchment paper. Top them with rainbow sprinkles or heart sprinkles.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- High Altitude — Bake at 400°F for 8 to 12 minutes, or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Maple Cranberry Scones recipe, which I’m sure you’ll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!