Summer is the time for cold desserts! And I have a super easy one for you guys today. This simple Strawberry Tart is so easy to make, and it only requires baking the crust for a few minutes — minimal oven time so it won’t heat up your kitchen too much.
I made a traditional graham cracker crust and filled it with a strawberry cream cheese filling that is reminiscent of cheesecake — and then topped it with homemade whipped cream and fresh strawberries. Your whole family will love this easy tart recipe that’s full of summer flavor. Get the recipe below for my Strawberry Tart.
Tips for Making the Best Strawberry Tart
• If you only have a 9-inch tart pan and not 9 1/2-inch, then that is totally fine. It’s just a tad smaller and you can use that size as well.
• This tart is made up of mostly dairy – cream cheese and whipped cream. Make sure you’re using high quality dairy like Organic Valley. Whenever there are minimal ingredients, always get the highest quality so you can truly taste what you’re eating.
• Make sure your strawberries are ripe. It’s strawberry season so it’s the perfect time to make this tart.
• If you don’t have strawberry flavor, you can skip it. But, the inside of the tart won’t have as much strawberry flavor. I actually made the tart this way the first time, and it was still delicious! But, having that strawberry flavor just makes it taste like strawberry fro yo or ice cream instead of more like cream cheese. The fresh strawberries can only add so much flavor, which is why I use flavors and extracts a lot in baking as they are highly concentrated.
• Make sure to store this in the fridge! You can even make it up to a day in advance of serving, just make sure to cover it in the fridge.
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Tart
Makes 9 1/2-inch tart
1 1/2 sleeves (204 grams) organic honey graham crackers
71 grams (¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon) organic cane sugar
1/2 cup (113 grams) organic salted butter, softened
8 ounces organic cream cheese
35 grams (1/4 cup) organic powdered sugar, sifted
5 organic strawberries, de-stemmed and sliced
1/2 teaspoon organic strawberry flavor
2 cups organic heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons organic cane sugar
1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
To make the crust: In a food processor, add the crushed graham crackers, cane sugar, and butter. Pulse until completely combined and there are no bits of graham cracker or chunks of butter and the mixture is uniform.
Transfer to the tart pan and spread evenly. Using your hands, form the crust into the sides of the pan first, working your way all the way around. Then, press the remaining graham cracker mixture into the bottom of the tart pan creating an even layer.
Bake for 5 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely before filling.
To make the filling: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the cream cheese, powdered sugar, strawberries, and strawberry flavor. Mix on low until combined then speed up to high and mix until completely combined. Transfer to large bowl.
To make the whipped cream: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, add the heavy whipping cream, cane sugar, and vanilla extract. Whisk, starting on low to avoid splattering, until cream starts to thicken. Gradually increase speed until you are at full speed. Whisk until stiff peaks form.
Add 113 grams (about 1/4 of the batch) of the whipped cream into the strawberry filling mixture and fold to combine completely. Transfer to the tart pan and spread evenly.
Use the remaining whipped cream to top the tart and spread evenly.
Serve immediately, or store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
High Altitude — Follow the recipe as noted.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Strawberry Whipped Cream Cake recipe, which I’m sure you’ll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!