In between the pumpkin spice and the holiday spice, there’s a small window for chocolate lovers once again. Before we go all HAM on the holidays, I want to give you guys an amazing cookie that you’ll want to bake no matter what season it is.
Fun fact, I don’t drink coffee. And I never have even though both of my parents do! I would wake up every morning to the smell of brewing coffee, and I’ve also worked any plenty of coffee shops, so the smell and aroma of coffee is very comforting to me. So, I absolutely love coffee flavored desserts. My mom didn’t have a lot of dessert in the house growing up. But, she did always have coffee ice cream in the freezer. Sometimes, it was the only option we had if we wanted something sweet. So, coffee is a flavor I absolutely love.
These Sea Salt Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies are something you’ll want to bake all year long. Delaney took a bunch climbing with him last week and they were a huge hit with all of our friends. They’d also make a great holiday cookie mixed in with the peppermint, sprinkles, and thumbprints this year. Get the recipe below!
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Sea Salt Espresso Chocolate Chip CookiesDifficulty: Easy
Soft and chewy espresso cookies are filled with chocolate chips and dusted with sea salt for a sweet and salty cookie.
1/2 cup (113 grams) organic salted butter, softened
170 grams (3/4 cup) organic cane sugar
57 grams (1/4 cup) organic packed dark brown sugar
2 organic large eggs
255 grams (2 cups) organic all purpose flour
14 grams organic coffee beans, ground very fine
1/2 tsp organic ground vanilla bean
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
142 grams (3/4 cup) organic semi sweet chocolate chips
Sea salt, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, cane sugar, and dark brown sugar. Mix on low until combined and there are no chunks of butter. Add the eggs and mix just slightly, enough to break the yolks.
- In a separate bowl add the flour, coffee grinds, vanilla bean, baking soda, and sea salt and whisk together. Add to the butter mixture and mix on low until combined. Add the semi sweet chocolate chips and mix on low until combined.
- Using your hands, form the dough into 24 balls and place on the prepared cookie sheets. Flatten them slightly so they are about 2-inches in diameter.
- Bake for 11 minutes or until cracked and dry around the edges. Immediately sprinkle with sea salt. Allow to cool completely on the baking sheets.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
- Gluten Free – Replace the all purpose flour with 269 grams (1 3/4 cups) organic gluten free flour blend.
- High Altitude – Bake at 375°F for 8 minutes or until cracked and dry around the edges.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, which I’m sure you’ll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!