I love chocolate covered pretzels! They’re one of my favorite snacks. They were also something I made growing up all the time. My mom and I made them every Christmas and added them into our holiday cookie boxes that we made as gifts.
It was my mom who always wanted to half dip the pretzels, as it made them easier and faster as we were making tons of cookie boxes. Half dipping the pretzels also makes them less messy too! Plus I have grown to love the less sweet and a little bit more salty option of a half dipped chocolate covered pretzel, which I think you will like too!
I added a coarse sea salt on top of these pretzels as I used milk chocolate for dipping. This gives them a nice balance of sweet and salty. If you wanted to make this chocolate covered pretzel recipe vegan, just swap the milk chocolate for a vegan semi sweet or a dark chocolate. You can even make this chocolate covered pretzel recipe gluten free by using gluten free pretzels.
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Sea Salt Chocolate Covered PretzelsDifficulty: Easy
This 3 ingredient sweet and salty snack is so good you’ll be making them all the time!
10 ounces (283 grams) organic milk chocolate
6 ounces organic pretzels
coarse sea salt
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Fill a small pot third of the way with water. Put over high heat.
- In a heat proof bowl, add about 80% of the milk chocolate. Melt until it reaches 110°F on a chocolate thermometer. Remove from heat.
- Immediately add in the remaining 20% of the milk chocolate, stir vigorously to combine completely so it’s smooth. Allow chocolate to reach temper, at 89°F. Then add in the peppermint flavor and stir to combine completely. Dip half of each pretzel into the milk chocolate, set on prepared baking sheets.
- Repeat until all the chocolate is gone. Place baking sheets in the fridge to set for about 30 minutes, until the chocolate is almost set. Remove from the fridge and sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Please back into the fridge and allow to set for 30 more minutes.
- Store in a cool dry place, or in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Gluten Free – Use gluten free pretzels!
- High Altitude – Follow recipe as noted.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, which I’m sure you’ll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!