It has been nonstop fall madness on the blog this month, which I hope you are all happy about! I’ve been sharing Creamy Sausage Potato & Kale Soup, Pumpkin Spice Crinkle Cookies, Creamy Spiced Pumpkin Soup, and other fall recipes. With the exception of my Mini Mounds Bars, there has been zero chocolate this month. And that is pretty crazy as chocolate is my favorite ingredient ever.
So, today I’m sharing a cookie recipe that has nothing to do with fall – except that you might want to dip it in a hot chocolate or tea. This Salted Dark Chocolate Almond Cookie recipe is so good. I have been craving chocolate lately and these hit the spot.
This cookie recipe is naturally gluten free as I use almond flour and coconut flour in it. Using almond flour in cookies really brings out the almond flavor, which is why I named them almond cookies. These are a simple dark chocolate chunk cookie that’s a fun twist on classic chocolate chip! Get the recipe below.
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Salted Dark Chocolate Almond CookiesDifficulty: Easy
These Salted Dark Chocolate Almond Cookies are naturally gluten free as they are made using almond and coconut flour. However, they are soft, chewy and bursting with flavor!
1/2 cup (113 grams) organic salted butter, softened
226 grams (1 cup) organic cane sugar
1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
2 organic large eggs
198 grams (2 cups) organic almond flour
57 grams (1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon) organic coconut flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
142 grams (1 cup) organic dark chocolate chunks
Sea salt for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, cane sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix on low until combined and there are no chunks of butter. Add the eggs and mix just slightly, enough to break the yolks.
- In a separate bowl add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and sea salt and whisk together. Add to the butter mixture and mix on low until combined. Add the dark chocolate chunks and mix on low until combined.
- Using your hands, form the dough into 24 balls and place on the prepared cookie sheets. Flatten them slightly so they are about 2-inches in diameter.
- Bake for 11 minutes or until golden brown on the bottoms. Immediately sprinkle with sea salt. Allow to cool completely on the baking sheets.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
- High Altitude – Bake at 375°F for 8 minutes or until golden brown on the bottoms.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, which I’m sure you’ll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!