Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be all about sweets. It can also be about savory snacks and delicious meals that are enjoyed together. So today I’m sharing an easy recipe that would be perfect for Valentine’s Day.
These Rosemary Beet Chips are salty and savory. These homemade beet chips are perfect for dipping in hummus or Dill Dip and go great with fruits and veggies for a light and satisfying appetizer or snack. My secret ingredient in these beet chips is celery salt. Beets have a pretty earthy flavor and salt is needed, but the celery salt really brings an interesting and delicious flavor paired with the rosemary.
Tips for Making the Best Rosemary Beet Chips
• Make sure to use a mandolin for slicing the beets, as you want to get them really thin and it’s difficult to do this with a knife.
• Use a high quality organic extra virgin olive oil. I used Carapelli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. If you don’t have olive oil, you can also use avocado oil as well.
• Make sure to use parchment paper for this recipe. Parchment paper is key to making any kind of potato chips as you don’t want them to stick to the pan.
• Don’t be afraid to bake them a little longer. If you notice that beet chips still look wet, then bake them a little longer. They should be dry looking and shrink considerably when they come out of the oven. Give them a few more minutes if they aren’t dry and still look wet.
Why go organic?
You may be wondering why I push organic ingredients for everything, even savory and healthy dishes. Organic ingredients go beyond just health and wellness, and contribute so much to the taste and flavor of a recipe. So, if you think that you’re making something healthy and buying fruits, veggies, or meats so maybe you don’t need to spend the extra to go organic here – let me sway your thinking.
Organic ingredients are made in a more pure way, therefore using no additives, no GMOs, and minimal ingredients. This really allows the true ingredients to shine – and because of that their flavor shines through. Therefore, organic ingredients are more flavorful than their non organic counterparts. So, just because it’s already a healthy recipe, or you’re already buying good for you ingredients – it doesn’t mean you can skip organic! Trust me here, and make the switch. Your body and your taste buds will thank you!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Rosemary Beet ChipsDifficulty: Easy
This recipe for Rosemary Beet Chips makes a healthy chip you can use to dip in hummus or just eat on their own!
2 organic large beets
2 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon organic dried rosemary
1/4 teaspoon organic celery salt
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash the beets, trim off the the roots. Using a mandolin, slice the beets 1/16-inch.
- In a small bowl, add the olive oil, rosemary, celery salt, and fine sea salt. Add in the sliced beets and toss to coat completely. Allow them to sit for 10 to 15 minutes to release their natural juices.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the sliced beets on the prepared baking sheet, do not let them overlap.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until they are dried and crisp.
- Serve immediately.
- High Altitude — Follow the recipe as noted.
Did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag @mimibakescookies and @mimibakesphotos on Instagram!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Dill Cream Cheese Spread recipe, which I’m sure you’ll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!