If you love Puppy Chow, then you will love these Puppy Chow Candy Clusteres. I use chocolate cereal with the classic Puppy Chow ingredients: chocolate, peanut butter, and powdered sugar.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
You will love these Puppy Chow Candy Clusters! If you are a fan of traditional Puppy Chow, then this candy version is one you will absolutely love.
I use Nature’s Path Coco Chimps instead of the classic chex cereal for these Puppy Chow Candy Clusters. I love the crunch this cereal has and the addition of a little more chocolate.
I use dark chocolate and peanut butter to coat the Puppy Chow Candy Clusters. I just use a spoon to drop little clusters onto parchment paper. After they’ve cooled, I dust them with powdered sugar for a delicious no bake treat.
Ingredients for Puppy Chow Candy Clusters
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Puppy Chow Candy ClustersDifficulty: Easy
Just like your favorite Puppy Chow but these Puppy Chow Candy Clusters are individual servings, perfect for snacking!
5 cups Nature’s Path Coco Chimps
255 grams organic mini dark chocolate chips
113 grams (1/2 cup) organic peanut butter
Organic powdered sugar
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Add the cereal to a large bowl.
- In a septate heat proof bowl, add the dark chocolate chips and the peanut butter. Melt the chocolate and peanut butter together. You can do this using a double boiler or in the microwave, doing 30 second intervals, stirring between each one so not to burn the chocolate.
- Add the melted chocolate and peanut butter to the cereal and stir to coat the cereal completely.
- Using a large soup spoon, spoon clusters of chocolate cereal onto the prepared baking sheets. You should have about 30 clusters.
- Place the baking sheets in the fridge or freezer to harden the chocolate.
- Sift powdered sugar over the tops of the candies. Store in the fridge.
- High Altitude – Follow the recipe as noted.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Chocolate Peanut Caramel Candies recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!