Pink Peppermint Ice

So if you read my Mint Melt Aways post, then you know I grew up with Fannie May Candies in my life. Another one of my favorite candies from the Fannie May menu was the Pink Peppermint Ice. I used to get this one for Christmas and also of course Valentine’s Day! This iconic candy is a simple peppermint white chocolate with crushed up candy canes inside. But, the thing that differentiates this candy from a simple bark recipe, is that these candies are rectangles and they are thicker than a typical bark. This is part of what makes them so fun to eat.

organic pink peppermint ice candy

I used to wake up and come downstairs for breakfast on Valentine’s Day and my mom would have a white Fannie May box tied with a gold ribbon sitting on my plate at the breakfast table. It was just their smallest box size, which held only four candies. But, to receive my favorite candy on Valentine’s Day was that was the best gift ever. And she always let me eat one after breakfast!

I have made my own version of of Pink Peppermint Ice that has much better ingredients than Fannie May. This super simple candy recipe is made with just four ingredients! And this pastel pink candy is the perfect homemade gift for anyone on Valentine’s Day. If you’d like to wrap them up I used a candy cup and put in three pieces per cup, just like Fannie May used to do. Then I put a four cups into a cute little box and tied it with a ribbon.

The only tools you’ll really need to make this recipe is the candy mold and a chocolate thermometer. You can find the candy mold that I have here. And you can find a chocolate thermometer here. You also don’t have to temper the chocolate if you don’t want to, you could just melt it, but if you’re giving them as a gift it’s always nice to temper the chocolate. If you don’t temper it, then just make sure to store it in the fridge.

Why Organic

Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!

So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.

organic pink peppermint ice candy
organic pink peppermint ice candy

Pink Peppermint Ice

Recipe by MimiDifficulty: Easy
Makes

25

candies

Ingredients

Directions

  • To create a double boiler, fill a small saucepan with about 1 inch of water. Place a heatproof bowl on top, do not let the bowl touch the water. Add about 80% of the white chocolate into the heatproof bowl and melt until it reaches 100°F on a chocolate thermometer. Remove from heat and add in the remaining 20% of chocolate and let it come down to 89°F.
  • Add in the peppermint flavor and the pink dye and stir to combine completely. Then add in the peppermint crunch and stir to combine completely.
  • Pour the white chocolate mixture into the candy molds, only filling them about half way. Place the tray on a baking sheet, so they set up evenly. Place the baking sheet in the freezer to set the chocolate and so they will remove easily from the molds. Allow to set for a couple hours, then remove candy from molds.
  • Store in a cool dry place, or in the fridge.

Notes

  • High Altitude – Follow the recipe as noted.

Did you make this recipe? 
Make sure to tag @mimibakescookies and @mimibakesphotos on Instagram!

Did you like this post?

Make sure to check out the post 15 Easy Christmas Brunch Recipes, which I’m sure you’ll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!

Leave a Comment