Try this homemade Pink Himalayan Sea Salt Popcorn. If you are a fan of LesserEvil popcorn, then you will love this homemade version!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
You will love this homemade copycat version of LesserEveil Pink Himalayan Sea Salt Popcorn. This easy homemade popcorn only has three simple ingredients: organic corn kernels, organic coconut oil, and pink Himalayan sea salt!
I love making my own homemade popcorn because it’s incredibly fresh when you make your own. Making it over the stovetop is incredibly easy to do, all you need is pot with a lid!
Ingredients for Pink Himalayan Sea Salt Popcorn
Organic Corn Kernels
Why go organic?
You may be wondering why I push organic ingredients for everything, even savory and healthy dishes. Organic ingredients go beyond just health and wellness, and contribute so much to the taste and flavor of a recipe. So, if you think that you're making something healthy and buying fruits, veggies, or meats so maybe you don't need to spend the extra to go organic here – let me sway your thinking.
Organic ingredients are made in a more pure way, therefore using no additives, no GMOs, and minimal ingredients. This really allows the true ingredients to shine – and because of that their flavor shines through. Therefore, organic ingredients are more flavorful than their non organic counterparts. So, just because it's already a healthy recipe, or you're already buying good for you ingredients – it doesn't mean you can skip organic! Trust me here, and make the switch. Your body and your taste buds will thank you!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Pink Himalayan Sea Salt PopcornDifficulty: Easy
Try this copycat version of LesserEvil Pink Himalayan Sea Salt Popcorn. This naturally vegan and gluten free homemade popcorn is one everyone will love!
113 grams (1/2 cup) organic coconut oil, divided
142 grams (heaping 1/2 cup) organic corn kernels
1 tablespoon Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- In a large pot add 57 grams (1/4 cup) of the coconut oil and 3 corn kernels, cover with a lid and put over medium/high heat. Once all kernels have popped, remove popped kernels and add all remaining corn kernels and cover with a lid.
- Intermittently, gently swirl around the kernels in the pot. Once kernels start to pop, shake the pot frequently so popped kernels rise to the top.
- When popping slows to 1 second between pops, remove pot from heat and remove lid. Carefully pour popped corn into a large bowl to cool (careful, kernels can still pop at this time). Make sure to transfer into a bowl with a lid so you can coat the popcorn in the next step. Or you can pour it back into the pot, using the lid.
- Melt the remaining 57 grams (1/4 cup) coconut oil and pour over the popped corn and add the sea salt. Add the lid and shake to coat completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- High Altitude – Follow the recipe as noted.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think will like it too!