When you want pizza, and you want it now. This Pepperoni Basil Flatbread Pizza is an easy flatbread pizza dough that comes together in minutes, with no rise time. This recipe makes pizza night easy, any night of the week!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
This simple flatbread pizza dough recipe makes pizza night easy any night of the week! This Pepperoni Basil Flatbread Pizza is a simple pizza that comes together in no time at all. So, no need to plan ahead, let dough rise, or wait around!
With this Pepperoni Basil Flatbread Pizza and my simple flatbread pizza dough recipe, you can think about eating pizza and then be eating pizza within 30 minutes! I created this recipe with my friends at Carapelli using their 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil that allows you to explore the origin of your olive oil. I love Carapelli as they truly care about sustainability, it’s a big reason why I always purchase their olive oil beyond taste and the fact that I’m obsessed with their bottles!
Ingredients for Pepperoni Basil Flatbread Pizza
Organic Marinara Sauce
Organic Fresh Basil
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Pepperoni Basil Flatbread PizzaDifficulty: Easy
This Pepperoni Basil Flatbread Pizza recipe uses my simple flatbread pizza dough recipe that makes pizza ready anytime you're craving it!
127 grams (1 cup) organic all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 tablespoon Carapelli 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons organic marinara sauce
1/2 cup organic shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup organic pepperonis
organic fresh basil leaves, chopped
- To make the dough: In a medium bowl, add the flour, sea salt, olive oil, and water. Mix together with your hands until a shaggy dough forms. Allow the dough to rest for 5 to 10 minutes, this helps the gluten relax, making it easier to work with.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Lightly flour a work surface. Turn the dough onto the work surface and lightly flour. Roll out with a rolling pin long and thin, about 15-inches long.
- Drizzle the dough with olive oil and use the back of a spoon to spread it evenly. Using a fork, poke the dough with holes everywhere.
- Bake the dough alone for 13 to 15 minutes, until it looks dry. Remove from the oven.
- Add the marinara sauce and spread evenly. Add the mozzarella and pepperonis.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 13 to 15 minutes, until the cheese is lightly browned.
- Top the pizza with fresh basil and cut into strips.
- High Altitude – Follow the recipe as noted.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Pork & Peppers Lettuce Cups and share it with someone who think may enjoy it too!