Let me just say, I love toast. And I’m not exaggerating at all when I say that. I literally eat toast every single day. Sometimes I eat it twice a day. I use toast for a meal, toast for a snack, toast for another snack. There’s just never a time when toast isn’t a good idea.
While I love a classic piece of toast with mad amounts of butter (not joking when I say that either), I also like to mix it up with healthier options! So I’m constantly making new toast creations. And lately, I’ve been working a lot more earlier in the mornings than usual, so I’ve been making more toast with nut butters as it keeps me more full than just butter.
Obviously peanut butter and banana is a flavor combo that everyone knows and loves. But, I’ve been added coconut onto my peanut butter banana toast, and it’s oh so good! I love to use wide flake coconut, as I love the subtle crunch and chewiness it gives to recipes. Make sure you’re buying unsweetened wide flake coconut. The sweetened kind is definitely not for breakfast! You can find one of my favorite kinds here. Get the recipe for my Peanut Butter Banana Coconut Toast below.
Tips for Making the Best Peanut Butter Banana Coconut Toast
• Use bread that you like. I like to use white bread for this recipe as it just makes me feel like a kid wen I eat white bread with peanut butter! But, wheat or multigrain would also be really good here.
• Slice your bananas while your toast is toasting. Toast is something that need to be enjoyed minutes after it’s prepared as it can cool down so quickly, and then it’s not as good. So have everything ready for when your toaster pops up that toast.
• Use high quality peanut butter. I like to use peanut butter that has only two ingredients: peanuts and salt. Different brands of peanut butter taste completely different. Why? It’s because of the kind of peanuts, where they get them, and how they are prepared (roasted, salted, etc.). So there’s definitely lots of options of peanut butter out there, so find one you like. One of my favorites is actually Organic Smuckers, find it here.
• Add other things if you want! Some other ideas would be: poppy seeds, strawberries, blueberries, or honey.
Why go organic?
You may be wondering why I push organic ingredients for everything, even savory and healthy dishes. Organic ingredients go beyond just health and wellness, and contribute so much to the taste and flavor of a recipe. So, if you think that you’re making something healthy and buying fruits, veggies, or meats so maybe you don’t need to spend the extra to go organic here – let me sway your thinking.
Organic ingredients are made in a more pure way, therefore using no additives, no GMOs, and minimal ingredients. This really allows the true ingredients to shine – and because of that their flavor shines through. Therefore, organic ingredients are more flavorful than their non organic counterparts. So, just because it’s already a healthy recipe, or you’re already buying good for you ingredients – it doesn’t mean you can skip organic! Trust me here, and make the switch. Your body and your taste buds will thank you!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Peanut Butter Banana Coconut ToastDifficulty: Easy
This hearty toast is packed with protein from peanut butter, bananas, and healthy fats from the coconut.
2 slices organic white bread
4 tablespoons organic peanut butter
1 large organic banana
organic unsweetened wide flake coconut
- Toast the bread to your liking.
- Slice banana. Spread toast with peanut butter, and top with banana slices. Sprinkle coconut on top.
- Serve immediately.
- Gluten Free — Use gluten free bread.
- High Altitude — Follow the recipe as noted.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Dill Cream Cheese Spread recipe, which I’m sure you’ll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!