This recipe for Pantry Cookies is an adaptable recipe that you can make with different ingredients you have in your pantry! I give you easy substitutes to use up ingredients you already have.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
You'll love this easy recipe for Pantry Cookies! This simple recipe is a great cookie base that you can add in whatever ingredients you have in your pantry, and they will be delicious! This is a great recipe to make when you're craving something sweet, and want to mix it up.
This recipe for Pantry Cookies is also an amazing recipe to make when you want to clean out your pantry. I'm sharing different combinations of ingredients that would be delicious in this cookie recipe.
Add in Options
I use coconut and cashews in these cookies, because these are two ingredients I always have in my pantry! But, you can switch it up with ingredients that you have or want to use up! This lightly honey flavored cookie would go well with so many things. If you want to swap the coconut and cashews for other ingredients, here are some good combos!
Chocolate Chips + Coconut
Chocolate Chips + Almonds
Chocolate Chips + Walnuts
Walnuts + White Chocolate
Milk Chocolate + Walnuts
Dried Blueberries + Almonds
Dried Blueberries + Walnuts
Dried Cranberries + Almonds
Raisins + Oats
Raisins + Milk Chocolate
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Pantry CookiesDifficulty: Easy
This soft and chewy cookie recipe uses up ingredients in your pantry. Be sure to try these next time you're wondering – what can I bake?
1/2 cup (113 grams) organic salted butter, softened
170 grams (3/4 cup) organic cane sugar
21 grams (1 tablespoon) organic raw honey
2 organic large eggs
255 grams (2 cups) organic all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
85 grams (1 cup) organic fine shredded coconut
85 grams (heaping 1/2 cup) organic roasted & salted cashews
1 teaspoon organic cane sugar
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- To make the dough: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, cane sugar, and honey. Mix on low until combined and there are no chunks of butter. Add the eggs and mix just slightly.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, baking soda, and sea salt and whisk together. Add the flour mixture and the coconut and cashews, and mix on low until combined into a stiff dough.
- Using your hands, form 18 balls of cookie dough and flatten them so they are 2-inches in diameter. Space them at least 1-inch apart on the cookie sheets.
- To make the topping: In a small dish mix together the cane sugar and sea salt.
- Bake for 11 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with the topping immediately after coming out of the oven. Let cool completely on the cookie sheets.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
- Gluten Free – Replace the all purpose flour with 269 grams (1 3/4 cups) organic gluten free flour blend.
- High Altitude – Bake at 375°F for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!