This Nostalgic Holiday Cheeseboard is a simple appetizer that will always remind of the holidays. I use brie, cheddar, crackers, and sugared cranberries for a delicious snack for any holiday gathering.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
A holiday cheeseboard is something that is really easy to make. All you need is cheese, crackers and fruit – of any variety! My grandma always had two kinds of cheese – Brie and a simple cheese like Colby Jack or Cheddar, which is what I've used here. But, you can mix it up however you like, and there is no wrong way to make a cheeseboard!
I've added Sugared Cranberries to mine this year, which is something my grandma never had but would have absolutely loved! This cheeseboard recipe reminds me of Christmas Eve as a child. This simple snack is so delicious and so nostalgic and this little board is perfect for Delaney and me.
Tips for Nostalgic Holiday Cheeseboard
• Use a board that you'll fill up completely. If your board is too big and you don't have enough snacks it can look lackluster.
• You can add anything you want to this board! Try pretzels, grapes, strawberries or anything else that sparks your interest. This is a fun and easy recipe to change up with whatever you have in your fridge.
• You can prep this ahead of time, by setting up everything (except the crackers) and storing it covered in the fridge. Add the crackers right before serving (this is so they retain their crunch).
Why go organic?
You may be wondering why I push organic ingredients for everything, even savory and healthy dishes. Organic ingredients go beyond just health and wellness, and contribute so much to the taste and flavor of a recipe. So, if you think that you're making something healthy and buying fruits, veggies, or meats so maybe you don't need to spend the extra to go organic here – let me sway your thinking.
Organic ingredients are made in a more pure way, therefore using no additives, no GMOs, and minimal ingredients. This really allows the true ingredients to shine – and because of that their flavor shines through. Therefore, organic ingredients are more flavorful than their non organic counterparts. So, just because it's already a healthy recipe, or you're already buying good for you ingredients – it doesn't mean you can skip organic! Trust me here, and make the switch. Your body and your taste buds will thank you!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Nostalgic Holiday CheeseboardDifficulty: Easy
This simple cheeseboard makes a festive appetizer with the addition of Sugared Cranberries.
Organic white cheddar cheese
Organic butter crackers
Organic wheat thin crackers
Organic apple or grapes
- Make the Sugared Cranberries ahead of time, this can be done as many as five days ahead. Place in a small bowl and add to the board.
- Slice the cheddar cheese and arrange on board. Add the wedge of Brie, two piles of crackers, and apple or grapes.
- Serve and enjoy! Refill when empty 🙂
- Gluten Free – Use gluten free crackers.
- High Altitude – Follow the recipe as noted.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Maple Cranberry Scones recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!