This Easy Mushroom Zucchini Pasta is a simple dinner you can make any night of the week! It’s loaded with veggies and topped with cheese, so it will please everyone in your family.
If you are looking for more easy pasta recipes, check out my Baked Feta Pasta, Healthy Ranch Pasta Salad, or my Butter Parmesan Pasta.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
I think everyone could use an easy dinner recipe about now. You’ve probably eaten all your leftover Thanksgiving food, but you’re still not ready to be in the kitchen for a long time. So, I am sharing this easy Mushroom Zucchini Baked Pasta recipe.
This easy mushroom zucchini pasta starts with my favorite Organic Prairie Grassfed Ground Beef and some simple Italian spices. Then I cook noodles, I used Casarecce, but you can use any kind you like! Next, I sauté zucchini, mushrooms, and red onions.
Then I add it all together in a baking dish with tomato sauce and I mix it up. I add some Organic Valley Mozzarella Cheese and then more on top. This bakes for about 20 minutes and you have an easy dinner that everyone will love! If you have a small family or are just two, like Delaney and me, you have dinner for the week!
Try out this easy mushroom zucchini pasta for when you want something delicious and simple! This dinner comes together quickly, and it’s a meal that the whole family will be happy about. I hope you love this Mushroom Zucchini Baked Pasta recipe as much as I do.
Can I make this dinner ahead of time?
Yes! This is an amazing dinner to make ahead of time as it reheats very well. You can even cook the ground beef, noodles, and veggies and store in the fridge then put it all together when you’re ready to eat it.
This also makes a great dinner gift. If you need to bring dinner to someone who’s had a rough day or week, is sick, or has had surgery or a baby this is a great recipe for that. Put it all together and just don’t bake it. Cover with plastic wrap and put a note on there with the baking instructions and it gives someone an easy dinner that is homemade with basically no work!
Can I use different veggies?
Yes, of course you can use different veggies if you prefer. Other veggies that would go well with this recipe would be yellow onion, bell peppers, or yellow squash.
Can I use another type of cheese besides mozzarella?
Yes, if you don’t have mozzarella you could use cheddar in its place and it would still be good!
Ingredients for Mushroom Zucchini Bakes Pasta
Organic Prairie Grassfed Ground Beef
O Organics Tomato Basil Sauce
Organic Valley Mozzarella Cheese
Organic Baby Bella Mushrooms
Organic Red Onion
Why go organic?
You may be wondering why I push organic ingredients for everything, even savory and healthy dishes. Organic ingredients go beyond just health and wellness, and contribute so much to the taste and flavor of a recipe. So, if you think that you’re making something healthy and buying fruits, veggies, or meats so maybe you don’t need to spend the extra to go organic here – let me sway your thinking.
Organic ingredients are made in a more pure way, therefore using no additives, no GMOs, and minimal ingredients. This really allows the true ingredients to shine – and because of that their flavor shines through. Therefore, organic ingredients are more flavorful than their non organic counterparts. So, just because it’s already a healthy recipe, or you’re already buying good for you ingredients – it doesn’t mean you can skip organic! Trust me here, and make the switch. Your body and your taste buds will thank you!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Mushroom Zucchini Baked PastaDifficulty: Easy
Easy pasta bake with mushrooms, zucchini, onions Italian ground beef and lots of cheese! Make this simple recipe next time you’re craving something warm and cozy.
1 pound organic noodles
2 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
8 ounces organic baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
1 organic large zucchini, halved and sliced
Half organic red onion, sliced
1 pound Organic Prairie Grassfed Ground Beef
1 teaspoon organic oregano
1 teaspoon organic thyme
1/2 teaspoon organic rosemary
1/2 teaspoon organic fennel seed
1/2 teaspoon organic parsley
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/2 teaspoon organic black pepper
1/2 teaspoon organic white pepper
1/2 teaspoon organic garlic powder
8 ounces Organic Valley Mozzarella Cheese, grated
5 cups O Organics Tomato Basil Sauce
organic parmesan, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cook the noodles per the instructions on the package. Once cooked, add the noodles into a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- While the noodles are cooking, in a large skillet add the olive oil, mushrooms, zucchini, and red onion. Sauté over medium heat until the onions are translucent, and the zucchini and mushrooms are cooked, about 5 minutes. Add into the baking dish with the noodles.
- In a medium bowl, add the oregano, thyme, rosemary, fennel seed, parsley, sea salt, black pepper, white pepper, and garlic powder. Add the ground beef and mix to combine completely (I just use my hands!).
- Add the ground beef into the skillet and cook over medium heat until browned and fully cooked, about ten minutes. Add into the baking dish with the noodles.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of the mozzarella and set aside. Add in the rest of the mozzarella and the tomato sauce to the noodles and stir to combine. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then turn the oven to 400°F and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Gluten Free – Use gluten free noodles.
- High Altitude – Bake for 10 minutes, then turn the oven to 400°F and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown.
Did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag @mimibakescookies and @mimibakesphotos on Instagram!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Air Fryer Loaded Garlic Bread recipe, which I’m sure you’ll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!