Soft, chewy, and filled with mini peanut butter cups! These Mini Peanut Butter Cup Cookies are exactly what you need when you’re craving a chocolate and peanut butter cookie!
If you love chocolate and peanut butter, check out my Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Balls, Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Sesame Cookies, or my Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart.
Whenever we go down south, I go to my favorite health food store ever – Jimbo’s Naturally. Funny name, but amazing store. This isn’t one of those health food stores that is pretending to have organic stuff because it’s cool. They actually have mainly all organic food, so I feel like I can just shop and not have to read all the labels and look for the organic stickers. They also have their own bakery and cafe and they make everything organic! I’m not going to lie, I don’t usually like other people’s cookies but they do make a pretty good chocolate chip that I get when I’m there if I need a cookie fix.
They also have their bulk section, which I love! My favorite thing there are these organic miniature peanut butter cups – they are so good! Delaney and I usually buy a bunch of them and eat them all before we come home. However, last time we were there in April we went back right before we left town so we could buy more to take home because I knew I wanted to make these Mini Peanut Butter Cup Cookies with them!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This miniature peanut butter cup cookie recipe is one you’ll want to make this Halloween! This super soft and chewy cookie base makes for the best miniature peanut butter cup cookie recipe. These cookies are a little more rich than a classic chocolate chip as I used all light brown sugar and they have the addition of the miniature peanut butter cups, which make them sweeter.
There’s no need for chocolate chips or anything else in these Mini Peanut Butter Cup Cookies, as the mini peanut butter cups act as chocolate chips but filled with peanut butter! It’s the best cookie if you love chocolate and peanut butter! Plus, with Halloween coming up, this is a true indulgent cookie for this time of year.
Tips for Mini Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
• Make sure your butter is soft before starting. I like to leave it out on the counter overnight before starting cookies. But, if you forget or if it’s still not soft, then soften it in the microwave. But make sure to only do 10 seconds at a time. You want the butter to be soft so that when you cream the butter and brown sugar together that it actually gets light and fluffy. If your butter is not soft, then this won’t happen in the 5 minutes.
• I use light brown sugar in this recipe. If you only have dark brown sugar, then use half dark brown sugar and half cane sugar. Using all dark brown sugar would work in the recipe, but I think the flavor would be too rich. So, you could mix it with cane sugar to get the same flavor profile, and the recipe would work just fine.
• Refrigerating the dough makes for an extra chewy cookie. So, don’t skip this step! The cookies will still bake fine, but the texture won’t be as good – with that gooey inside and lightly crispy edge. You can also keep the dough in the fridge for up to 3 days, but if you’re going to do that then place it in an airtight container so it doesn’t dry out. This way you can bake off a few cookies at a time each day if you prefer!
• I bought my organic mini peanut butter cups at Jimbo’s. So if you have one by you, then you can buy them there. Otherwise, I they are by Sunridge Farms, you can find them on their website here.
Ingredients for Mini Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Homemade Organic Light Brown Sugar
Simply Organic Vanilla Extract
Cairnspring Mills Organic All Purpose Flour
Sun Ridge Farms Organic Mini Peanut Butter Cups
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Mini Peanut Butter Cup CookiesDifficulty: Easy
Soft and chewy cookies are made with mini peanut butter cups for a cookie loaded with chocolate and peanut butter goodness.
1/2 cup (113 grams) organic salted butter, softened
226 grams (1 cup) packed organic light brown sugar
1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
2 organic large eggs
255 grams (2 cups) organic all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
226 grams (8 ounces) organic miniature peanut butter cups
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, light brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix on low until combined, then set a timer and mix on low for 5 minutes, until the mixture is fluffy and lightened in color.
- Add the eggs, flour, baking soda, and sea salt in that order. Mix on low until combined into a dough. Add in the miniature peanut butter cups and mix to combine completely.
- Using your hands, form the dough into 24 balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove the baking sheet from the fridge, and transfer half the cookie dough balls to the second baking sheet.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown around the edges and the middle looks set. Allow to cool completely on the baking sheets.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
- Gluten Free — Replace the flour with 1 3/4 cups (269 grams) organic gluten free flour blend.
- High Altitude — Bake at 375°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges and the middle looks set.
Did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag @mimibakescookies and @mimibakesphotos on Instagram!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Eggless Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache Frosting recipe, which I’m sure you’ll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!