These homemade Mini Banana Bread Muffins are a bite sized treat that you can enjoy with breakfast or for an afternoon snack!
If you love banana bread as much as I do, be sure to check out some of my other favorite recipes like my Coconut Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, Eggless Mini Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, or my Maple Brown Sugar Banana Bread.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
You will love this recipe for homemade Mini Banana Bread Muffins! These easy little muffins only make 24 mini muffins, so they are a small batch recipe where you won’t have tons of leftovers.
I love these homemade Mini Banana Bread Muffins because they are bite sized treats! I love having for breakfast as they are a light way to indulge in something sweet without too much sugar.
Ingredients for Mini Banana Bread Muffins
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Mini Banana Bread MuffinsDifficulty: Easy
This small batch recipe for Mini Banana Muffins makes 2 dozen mini muffins that are a perfect morning or afternoon treat.
1/4 cup (57 grams) organic salted butter, softened
2 tablespoons organic canola oil
113 grams (1/2 cup) packed organic light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
1 organic large banana
1 organic large egg
1/4 cup organic vanilla yogurt
127 grams (1 cup) organic all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/2 teaspoon organic cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, canola oil, light brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix on low until combined and there are no butter chunks.
- Add in the banana in pieces and mix to combine.
- Add the egg, yogurt, flour, baking powder, sea salt, and cinnamon in that order and mix on low until combined.
- Transfer to a piping bag. If you don’t have a piping bag you can just spoon the batter in!
- Grease the muffin pan well and pipe the batter into the muffin pan, filling about three-quarters full.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Allow to cool before trying to remove from the muffin pan.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- High Altitude – Bake at 350°F for 13 to 15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Maple Cranberry Scones recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!