We have so many lemons! They’ve been at the bake shop just staring at me every time I open the fridge. Meyer lemons are just so delicious and bring such a different lemon flavor to desserts.
I wanted to use the lemon juice in a glaze for a lemon poppy seed cake, but I thought that if I made the cake lemon as well it would be too much. So, I made a vanilla poppy seed cake with a fresh lemon juice glaze and lemon zest.
This recipe is so easy and the presentation really makes it seem so fancy, even though it’s not! The best trick for a perfect bundt cake? Use a silicone bundt pan! Here’s a link to the one I have here. It literally makes removing your cake so much easier. If you have a traditional bundt pan, make sure to grease it very very well for a clean removal.
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Meyer Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt CakeDifficulty: Easy
This simple bundt cake is seriously stunning, making for an amazing presentation with little effort! This Meyer Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake goes well with tea and Sunday brunch!
1 cup (226 grams) organic salted butter, softened
340 grams (1 1/2 cups) organic cane sugar
1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
4 organic large eggs, room temperature
1 cup organic milk, room temperature
340 grams (heaping 2 1/3 cups) organic cake flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
10 grams (1 tablespoon) organic poppy seeds
284 grams (2 cups) organic powdered sugar, sifted
2 organic Meyer lemons
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- To make the batter: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, cane sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix on low until combined and there are no chunks of butter. Add the eggs and milk and mix on low until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- In a separate bowl, add the cake flour, baking powder, sea salt, and poppy seeds and whisk together. Slowly add into the mixing bowl while mixing on low, and mix until combined into a smooth batter.
- Grease bundt pan very well. Pour in batter and bake for 2 hours and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Once the cake has cooled, remove it from the pan.
- To make the glaze: In a medium bowl, add the powdered sugar and juice from Meyer lemons. Whisk until combined into a smooth glaze. Pour over the top of the bundt cake.
- Using the leftover Meyer lemons, zest lemon zest on top of the cake.
- Store in a cake dome or in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- High Altitude – Bake at 350°F for 1 hour 45 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Strawberry Whipped Cream Cake recipe, which I’m sure you’ll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!