Light, fluffy, and perfect for breakfast on the go. These Lemon Zucchini Muffins are a delicious homemade muffin that you'll love!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
These Lemon Zucchini Muffins combine the bright, zesty essence of lemons with the subtle, moist texture of zucchini to create a flavor profile that's both vibrant and comforting! The citrusy notes of lemon zest and juice infuse the batter with a burst of freshness, perfectly complementing the earthy sweetness of shredded zucchini. Each bite offers a tender crumb, a hint of tartness, and a subtle, natural sweetness.
There's nothing like fresh homemade muffins on a weekend and you can feel good about this recipe as it uses coconut oil, zucchini, and oats! These Lemon Zucchini Muffins are a wonderful fusion of flavor, light texture, and a delightful tanginess that make them an ideal treat for breakfast, brunch, or a sweet afternoon snack!
Ingredients for Lemon Zucchini Muffins
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Lemon Zucchini MuffinsDifficulty: Easy
Moist and fluffy lemon zucchini muffin is topped with a dusting of oats and cane sugar for a light and sweet breakfast on the go.
142 grams (1/4 cup) organic coconut oil
142 grams (5 ounces) organic zucchini, grated
30 grams (3 tablespoons) organic coconut sugar
142 grams (1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons) organic sugar
2 teaspoon organic lemon flavor
2 organic large eggs
1 organic large egg yolk
227 grams (1 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons) organic all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
30 grams (1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon) organic oats
1 teaspoon organic cane sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with liners.
- To make the batter: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the coconut oil, sugar, coconut sugar and lemon flavor. Mix until combined and there’s no chunks of oil.
- Add the eggs and grated zucchini, mix on low until combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, baking powder and sea salt. Whisk together. Add the flour to the mixing bowl, and mix on low until combined.
- Fill muffin liners three-quarters full. Sprinkle the oats on top of the batter, then sprinkle the remaining 15 grams sugar on top of the oats.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Gluten Free – Replace the organic flour with 227 grams (1 1/2 scant cups) organic gluten free flour blend.
- High Altitude – Follow the recipe as noted.