These Leftover Breakfast Tacos are a delicious way to enjoy tacos! Use up leftovers from dinner, add scrambled eggs, and you have delicious breakfast tacos in no time at all!
Tips for Leftover Breakfast Tacos
• You can use small corn tortillas or flour, you can even use a large flour tortilla and make this more of a large taco as well.
• Try to have a carb, a protein, and a veggie – however you mix it up is up to you, but make sure you have each of these to have a balanced meal and full tacos.
• Have fun and get creative! If it sounds good to you, go for it!
Why go organic?
You may be wondering why I push organic ingredients for everything, even savory and healthy dishes. Organic ingredients go beyond just health and wellness, and contribute so much to the taste and flavor of a recipe. So, if you think that you're making something healthy and buying fruits, veggies, or meats so maybe you don't need to spend the extra to go organic here – let me sway your thinking.
Organic ingredients are made in a more pure way, therefore using no additives, no GMOs, and minimal ingredients. This really allows the true ingredients to shine – and because of that their flavor shines through. Therefore, organic ingredients are more flavorful than their non organic counterparts. So, just because it's already a healthy recipe, or you're already buying good for you ingredients – it doesn't mean you can skip organic! Trust me here, and make the switch. Your body and your taste buds will thank you!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Leftover Breakfast TacosDifficulty: Easy
Use up leftovers in your fridge and make these easy Leftover Breakfast Tacos.
1 cup leftover organic rice, quinoa, or black beans
1 cup leftover organic veggies
3 large eggs 1 to 2 tablespoons organic salted butter
4 organic corn tortillas
- Suggested Toppings
- Suggested Combos
Rice, eggs, grilled onions and bell peppers, avocado, salsa, cilantro
Black beans, eggs, rice, onions, salsa
Quinoa, eggs, sweet potatoes, corn, avocado, cilantro
Rice, eggs, mushrooms, bacon, avocado, salsa
- Have the rice, quinoa, black beans, and veggies prepped. You can use leftovers from the fridge or make fresh. If using leftovers, warm them up. Use a combination of all or even just one.
- In a small bowl, crack and beat the eggs. In a medium frying pan over medium heat, grease well with butter. Add eggs and scramble, cook until cooked to your liking. Remove eggs and set aside.
- Warm tortillas in frying pan, one or two at a time, whatever will fit in the pan.
- To assemble: Place tortillas on a plate, add rice, quinoa, or black beans, scrambled eggs, veggies, and top with toppings of your choice.
- Serve immediately.
- High Altitude – Follow the recipe as noted.
High Altitude – Follow the recipe as noted.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Dill Cream Cheese Spread recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!