Now that we are almost completely unpacked, it finally feels like we live in our house. Which is amazing! I have had some time to actually use my kitchen, not much at all since the bakery has been so busy haha, but little bits here and there. And baking something like granola is a perfect thing to make when you don’t have a lot of time. It takes very little time to actually mix together the ingredients, and it spends most of it’s time in the oven while you can do other things.
Delaney loves granola for breakfast, especially when it’s hot out he prefers eating a cold breakfast over eggs. And it has been in the eighties in Mammoth lately, which is so hot for us! So, I made some really simple honey granola so we could add literally any fruit we had in the fridge and it would be delicious. This easy granola recipe is something you can bake whenever you have a little time, it’s pretty quick to make and then it just has to bake. I usually bake granola at night so I can just pull it out of the oven and let it cool on the pan all night. Then it’s ready for breakfast the following morning, and then I store it in an airtight container.
Granola is delicious with just simple milk for an upgraded cereal. Or you can make a parfait and layer granola, yogurt, and fresh fruit. We’ve had strawberries, blackberries and raspberries lately so I used a mix of these to make parfaits and they are absolutely delicious! Get the recipe below for my Honey Granola Parfait, and also try out my Maple Honey Nut Granola recipe too!
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Honey Granola ParfaitDifficulty: Easy
Homemade honey granola is layered with berries and yogurt for a healthy and tasty breakfast.
347 grams (3 1/2 cups) organic rolled oats
113 grams (1/2 cup) organic cane sugar
113 grams (1 cup plus 2 tablespoons) organic coconut toil
1/2 cup water
43 grams (2 tablespoons) organic raw local honey
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- For Serving
Organic vanilla yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the oats.
- In a small saucepan, add the cane sugar, coconut oil, water, and honey. Cook on medium/high heat until everything is combined. Remove from heat and add in the sea salt. Stir to combine completely. Pour the sugar mixture over the oat mixture and fold to combine and completely coat the oats.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and spread out as evenly as possible. Bake for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and stir to rotate granola. Bake again for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
- To assemble parfaits: Layer yogurt, granola, fruit, and repeat again.
- Gluten Free – Use gluten free oats.
- Sea Level – Bake at 325°F for 25 minutes, remove from oven and stir to rotate granola. Bake again for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Maple Cranberry Scones recipe, which I’m sure you’ll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!