This simple Holiday Cheeseboard is an incredibly easy and delicious way to entertain this holiday season. Serve this Holiday Cheeseboard as an appetizer to dinner or if you're just hosting a small white elephant party with drinks and snacks!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
There are so many different ways you can put together a Holiday Cheeseboard. But, you can literally do whatever you want – and that is part of the fun! While I can provide you with recipes for cheeseboards and charcuterie boards, I hope I am just giving you ideas. You always can use whatever you like or whatever you have on hand, that is part of what is so amazing and versatile about these kinds of recipes!
My mom pretty much made a cheeseboard for every single holiday growing up. They weren't as trendy as they are now, but I guess my mom was ahead of the trend. I just loved them because they had delicious snacks like cheese, meat, fruit, and nuts that I could snack on all the way up until dinner. I still make them all the time, especially around the holidays when we're just lounging around by the fire.
Tips for Making a Holiday Cheeseboard
• Use ingredients that you love! This part is so simple guys. Everyone has a favorite cheese, meat, or fruit – it doesn't matter what it is, you can add whatever you want! My favorite cheese and meats are usually from Organic Valley, but there are also other amazing organic options out there to fill up your cheeseboard.
• You can prep most of the board the day before. If you want to slice cheese and meat, you can definitely do that a day ahead. I just recommend that you either wrap the board very well with plastic wrap so the meat and cheese don't dry out. Or, you can even slice everything and put it in a Tupperware and just assemble the board the next day. Having the ingredients sliced can be very helpful!
• I use red and green grapes here to give off some holiday vibes. But, you can use other festive colored fruits or veggies like – strawberries, raspberries, red bell peppers, green bell peppers, broccoli, cucumbers, and more.
• If you want to add a dip to this cheeseboard, I would recommend using my Dill Dip recipe – it's so good!
Ingredients for Holiday Cheeseboard
Organic Red Grapes
Organic Green Grapes
Organic Green Olives
Why go organic?
You may be wondering why I push organic ingredients for everything, even savory and healthy dishes. Organic ingredients go beyond just health and wellness, and contribute so much to the taste and flavor of a recipe. So, if you think that you're making something healthy and buying fruits, veggies, or meats so maybe you don't need to spend the extra to go organic here – let me sway your thinking.
Organic ingredients are made in a more pure way, therefore using no additives, no GMOs, and minimal ingredients. This really allows the true ingredients to shine – and because of that their flavor shines through. Therefore, organic ingredients are more flavorful than their non organic counterparts. So, just because it's already a healthy recipe, or you're already buying good for you ingredients – it doesn't mean you can skip organic! Trust me here, and make the switch. Your body and your taste buds will thank you!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Holiday CheeseboardDifficulty: Easy
This easy festive Holiday Cheeseboard is an amazing appetizer recipe to make for the holidays!
- Place olives in a small bowl. Add to a large paddle cutting board.
- Slice cheese and sausage. Arrange on the cutting board.
- Fill in with crackers and grapes, and add rosemary for garnish.
- Gluten Free — Use gluten free crackers.
- High Altitude — Follow the recipe as noted.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Cranberry Orange Apple Bread recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!