Healthy but incredibly flavorful, these Grilled Turkey Burgers use a bouillon cube to give them extra flavor! I top them with mozzarella cheese, lettuce, tomato and onion for a classic summer burger that everyone will gather around the grill for!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
With ground turkey, burgers can be bland as ground turkey doesn't have as much flavor as ground beef. But, using a bouillon cube is an easy and fast fix for this as they have great spices already in there and it makes it super easy to pack flavor into a turkey burger. So, that's my tip for easy turkey burgers! And, then I add a little bit different toppings than the traditional burger. I use lettuce, mozzarella, bell peppers, red onions for a lighter burger that you will love!
So, I thought I'd share this easy and oh so delicious Grilled Turkey Burger recipe with you guys incase you want to add it to your Fourth of July menu tomorrow. Get the recipe below.
Ingredients for Grilled Turkey Burgers
Organic Romaine Lettuce
Organic Bell Peppers
Organic Red Onion
Organic Ketchup & Mustard
Why go organic?
You may be wondering why I push organic ingredients for everything, even savory and healthy dishes. Organic ingredients go beyond just health and wellness, and contribute so much to the taste and flavor of a recipe. So, if you think that you're making something healthy and buying fruits, veggies, or meats so maybe you don't need to spend the extra to go organic here – let me sway your thinking.
Organic ingredients are made in a more pure way, therefore using no additives, no GMOs, and minimal ingredients. This really allows the true ingredients to shine – and because of that their flavor shines through. Therefore, organic ingredients are more flavorful than their non organic counterparts. So, just because it's already a healthy recipe, or you're already buying good for you ingredients – it doesn't mean you can skip organic! Trust me here, and make the switch. Your body and your taste buds will thank you!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Grilled Turkey BurgersDifficulty: Easy
This recipe for flavorful turkey burgers is one that you are sure to love this grilling season. Make my homemade Brioche Buns to go with this recipe for Grilled Turkey Burgers.
1 pound organic ground turkey
1 organic vegetable bouillon cube
salt and pepper
6 to 8 mini organic bell peppers
4 slices organic mozzarella cheese
4 slices organic red onion
4 large organic Romain lettuce leaves
- Make sure to have the Brioche Buns made ahead of time. You can make these the day before, just make sure to store them in an airtight container so they don't dry out.
- To make the burgers: Preheat the grill.
- In a large bowl, add the ground turkey and vegetable bouillon cube and mix to combine completely. Weigh each burger out to 1/4 pound (4 ounces each). Flatten them with your hands so they are about 5 to 6 inches in diameter.
- Salt and pepper each side generously.
- Heat grill to high. Place the burgers on the grill and cook, flipping half way though, until internal temperature of 165°F. Depending on what kind of grill you have, it may take longer, propane, gas, open grill – there are a lot of variables here so make sure you don't leave burgers unattended.
- Add the mini bell peppers to the grill, and cook until slightly charred. Remove from grill and slice.
- When the burgers are almost done, add the chopped grilled peppers and mozzarella cheese on top of each burger.
- Continue to cook until the cheese is melty.
- Warm the buns on the grill.
- To assemble: Add turkey burgers to the bun, top with red onion, and lettuce.
- Serve immediately.
- High Altitude — Follow the recipe as noted.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Dill Cream Cheese Spread recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!