Soft and chewy almond cookies with loads of semi sweet chocolate chips, a sweet glaze, and chocolate sprinkles. These Glazed Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies are a fun twist on a classic cookie!
If you love making different kinds of chocolate chip cookies as much as I do, check out some of my other favorites like my Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, or my Massive Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
If you love chocolate and almond, you'll love these Glazed Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies! I use almond butter and almond extract for a deliciously chewy and nutty cookie. I add in semi sweet chocolate chips and then top these bad boys with my signature cookie glaze and chocolate sprinkles!
These cookies are chewy, chocolatey, and have a little nuttiness to them. They are the perfect compliment to a big glass of milk. Glazed cookies are my favorite kind of cookies, but be sure to let the glaze set before stacking them or they will stick together. My favorite way to do this is after they're glazed, I stick the whole cookie sheet in the freezer overnight. The next day, they are set, ready to eat and stack and store!
Ingredients for Glazed Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Glazed Almond Chocolate Chip CookiesDifficulty: Easy
Soft and chewy almond cookies are filled with chocolate chips, topped with a sweet glaze and chocolate sprinkles.
1/2 cup (113 grams) organic salted butter, softened
113 grams (1/2 cup) organic cane sugar
57 grams (1/4 cup) organic packed dark brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon organic almond extract
2 organic large eggs
32 grams (2 tablespoons) organic almond butter
255 grams (2 cups) organic all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
142 grams (3/4 cup) organic semi sweet chocolate chips
340 grams (heaping 2 1/3 cups) organic powdered sugar, sifted
1/4 cup organic milk
All natural chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- To make the dough: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, cane sugar, dark brown sugar, and almond flavor. Mix on low until combined and there are no chunks of butter.
- Add the eggs and almond butter and mix just slightly, enough to break the yolks.In a separate bowl, add the flour, sea salt and baking soda and whisk together. Add to the butter mixture, and mix on low until combined into a stiff dough. Add the chocolate chips and mix on low until combined.
- Using your hands, form the dough into 24 balls. Flatten them just slightly so they are about 2-inches in diameter.
- Bake for 11 minutes until the cookies are set and brown around the edges. Let cool completely on the cookie sheets.
- To make the glaze: In a medium bowl, add the powdered sugar and milk and whisk until combined into a smooth glaze. Using a butter knife, frost each cookie. Sprinkle the tops with chocolate sprinkles.
- Allow the frosting to set before storing the cookies, you can wrap the trays with plastic wrap or put them on a platter and wrap with plastic wrap. Once they have set for 24 hours, you can store them in a tupperware and stack them, then they won’t stick together.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 7 days.
- Gluten Free – Replace the organic all purpose flour with 269 grams (1 3/4 cups) organic gluten free flour blend.
- High Altitude – Bake at 375°F for 8 minutes until the cookies are set and brown around the edges.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!