Buttery and fluffy dinner rolls with the addition of garlic and rosemary. These savory dinner rolls are one that will go with any meal!
If you’re looking for more dinner bread recipes, check out my Honey Butter Dinner Rolls, Lemon Rosemary Sourdough, or my Simple French Baguettes.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
With Thanksgiving coming up, I have a simple dinner roll recipe with rosemary and garlic for you guys! I love my Honey Butter Dinner Rolls and those are a favorite recipe that I make regularly. So, I took that recipe and added garlic and rosemary to it.
This easy dinner roll recipe in a skillet is a simple dinner roll recipe with rosemary and garlic. It may seem fancy, but these Garlic Rosemary Skillet Dinner Rolls are so easy to make! They will impress your guests and be something you can easily check off your list on Thanksgiving day.
This simple dinner roll recipe with rosemary and garlic uses organic garlic powder and organic dried rosemary. This makes this easy dinner roll recipe in a skillet accessible any time as these spices are probably already in your pantry!
I use a 10-inch cast iron skillet for these rolls. If you don’t have a skillet, you can easily use a ceramic baking dish or even a pie dish as well. It doesn’t have to be round either, it could be square or rectangle, as long as the rolls fit inside with a little room to grow on each side.
This easy dinner roll recipe in a skillet goes with so many meals. Serve it with pasta (that’s how I ate them last week!), steak, porkchops, chicken and veggies, salad, soups and more! I hope you enjoy this simple dinner roll recipe with rosemary and garlic. Grab the recipe below!
What if I don’t have a cast iron skillet?
I use a 10-inch cast iron skillet for this recipe. If you don’t have a skillet, you can also use a ceramic or glass baking dish in its place. Just be sure that the rolls fit and have a little room to grow on each side of them.
Can I use fresh rosemary instead of dried?
You can use use fresh rosemary instead of dried, but you will probably need more. Dried herbs have more flavor than fresh, so if you use fresh, add more rosemary!
How should I store these Garlic Rosemary Skillet Dinner Rolls?
These are soft, so if you don’t eat them all then they need to be stored in an airtight container. I store them in a zip bag in the fridge. Then, I’ll just heat them up in the air fryer when I want to have one! Or, I’ll use them to make a grilled ham and cheese – so good!
Ingredients I used to make this recipe for Garlic Rosemary Skillet Dinner Rolls
Red Star Organic Instant Yeast
Costco Kirkland Organic Cane Sugar
Cairnspring Mills Organic All Purpose Flour
Nature Nate’s Organic Raw Honey
Frontier Co-Op Organic Garlic Powder
Frontier Co-Op Organic Rosemary
Why go organic?
You may be wondering why I push organic ingredients for everything, even savory and healthy dishes. Organic ingredients go beyond just health and wellness, and contribute so much to the taste and flavor of a recipe. So, if you think that you’re making something healthy and buying fruits, veggies, or meats so maybe you don’t need to spend the extra to go organic here – let me sway your thinking.
Organic ingredients are made in a more pure way, therefore using no additives, no GMOs, and minimal ingredients. This really allows the true ingredients to shine – and because of that their flavor shines through. Therefore, organic ingredients are more flavorful than their non organic counterparts. So, just because it’s already a healthy recipe, or you’re already buying good for you ingredients – it doesn’t mean you can skip organic! Trust me here, and make the switch. Your body and your taste buds will thank you!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Garlic Rosemary Skillet Dinner RollsDifficulty: Easy
This easy dinner roll recipe in a skillet is one that you’ll want to make all the time! Grab this recipe for Garlic Rosemary Skillet Dinner Rolls.
10 grams(1 tablespoon) organic active dry yeast
57 grams (1/4 cup) plus 1/2 teaspoon organic cane sugar
1/4 cup warm water
1/4 cup (57 grams) organic salted butter
1 cup organic milk
21 grams (1 tablespoon) organic raw honey
446 grams (3 1/2 cups) organic all purpose flour
2 teaspoons organic dried rosemary
1 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt
1/2 teaspoon organic garlic powder
2 tablespoons (28 grams) organic salted butter, melted
- To make the dough: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, add the yeast, 1/2 teaspoon cane sugar, and warm water. Let sit for 5 minutes or until bubbly.
- In a small saucepan, add the butter, milk, and honey and melt over medium heat until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add the flour, remaining 57 grams cane sugar, rosemary, sea salt, and garlic powder to the mixing bowl in that order. Pour the honey butter mixture over the top and knead on low until completely combined. Continue to knead for about 3 to 5 minutes, until the dough is smooth to the touch.
- Grease a large bowl and transfer the dough into the bowl and cover with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel. Allow to rise for 1 to 3 hours, or until doubled in size.
- Grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet with butter.
- Remove the dough and form into 10 balls that weigh about 85 grams each. Tuck and fold the dough under so the tops of the dough balls are smooth. Place in the prepared skillet. the dish with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel and let rise for 30 minutes, or until the dough feels springy.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- To make the topping: In a small bowl, add the melted butter. Using the pastry brush, brush the tops of the rolls with the topping.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- High Altitude – Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag @mimibakescookies and @mimibakesphotos on Instagram!
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Dill Cream Cheese Spread recipe, which I’m sure you’ll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!