These soft and chewy Funfetti Sugar Cookies have a sweet glaze and are topped with more rainbow sprinkles for a delicious and classic cookie!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
These Funfetti Sugar Cookies are soft, chewy, and I top them with a sweet cookie glaze and more rainbow sprinkles on top! When you're looking for a classic vanilla cookie, then this is all you need!
These Funfetti Sugar Cookies make a perfect cookie for any celebration. Birthdays, parties, family dinners, you can't go wrong with Funfetti Sugar Cookies. I use natural sprinkles that are free of artificial colors and organic ingredients for Funfetti Sugar Cookies you can feel good about indulging in!
Tips for Funfetti Sugar Cookies
• Make sure your butter is soft. I like to leave butter out on the counter overnight so it can soften at room temperature as I think it softens best that way. If you have to microwave it, then don't do more than 10 seconds per stick as it can melt portions of it.
• Make sure you're using high quality vanilla extract. The “funfetti” flavor is really just extra vanilla, so that's why using a high quality vanilla is important. My favorite is Simply Organic Vanilla Extract, find it here.
• Make sure you are using large eggs, if you don't have large and only have medium or extra large then be sure to weigh your eggs so you have the right amount of eggs. Using eggs that are too small will yield in a dry cookie dough, and using eggs that are too large will yield in a wet/sticky cookie dough. One large egg weighs about 50 grams, so if you're using a different size the trick is to scramble them in a separate bowl, and weigh out exactly what you need. Store the extra in an airtight container in the fridge and use them for breakfast or egg was for pies.
• Use rainbow sprinkles with no artificial colors! I love the pastel rainbow ones from India Tree's Nature's Colors line, find them here.
• When making the frosting, make sure your butter is also soft. If it's not very soft you may end up needing to whip it much longer or add more milk as it may be too stiff.
• Make sure your cookies are cool before you frost them. This is crucial as the frosting will just melt into the cookie, which isn't good.
• I like to place all my frosted cookies on a cookie sheet and stick in the freezer overnight. This allows the cookies to set, and then you can put them in a Ziploc or Tupperware. If you don't let the frosting set, the cookies will all stick to each other when stored. Plus the freezer is airtight! So leaving them in there is such a good trick.
Ingredients for Funfetti Sugar Cookies
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Funfetti Sugar CookiesDifficulty: Easy
Soft and chewy funfetti cookies are topped with a sweet glaze. This Funfetti Sugar Cookie recipe is the ultimate way to celebrate any kind of win.
1/2 cup (113 grams) organic salted butter, softened
113 grams (1/2 cup) organic cane sugar
71 grams (1/2 cup) organic powdered sugar, sifted
2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
2 organic large eggs
2 cups (255 grams) organic all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
85 grams (1/2 cup) India Tree's Nature's Colors Rainbow Sprinkles
1/4 cup (57 grams) organic salted butter, softened
284 grams (2 cups) organic powdered sugar, sifted
1/4 cup milk
Rainbow sprinkles for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- To make the dough: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, cane sugar, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix on low until combined and there are no chunks of butter. Add the eggs and mix just slightly, enough to break the yolks.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, baking powder, and sea salt and whisk together. Add to the butter mixture and mix on low until combined. Then add in the rainbow sprinkles and mix again to combine.
- Using your hands, form the dough into 24 balls and place on prepared cookie sheets, spacing them at least 1-inch apart. Flatten them slightly so they are about 1 3/4-inches to 2-inches in diameter.
- Bake for 11 minutes or until cracked and dry around the edges. Allow to cool completely on the cookie sheets.
- To make the icing: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, powdered sugar, and milk. Mix on low until combined, then speed mixer up to high and whip for 1 minute.
- Using a butter knife or spatula, frost each cookie and sprinkle with rainbow sprinkles.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
- Gluten Free – Replace the all purpose flour with 269 grams (1 3/4 cups) organic gluten free flour blend.
- High Altitude – Bake at 375°F for 8 minutes or until cracked and dry around the edges.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!