If you know me, then you know I love pound cake. I cannot get enough pound cake, I will eat it for breakfast, for lunch, for dessert – forever. My favorite recipe is my Chocolate Donut Pound Cake, it’s one I make all the time! So, I am vowing now to make any and every single pound cake I can. If you have a request for a specific kind of pound cake, email me at email@example.com and tell me what you’re looking for!
So, I am sharing a Funfetti Pound Cake recipe today because everyone loves rainbow sprinkles. This simple pound cake can be made for any celebration such as a birthday or even for no reason at all. I love using a 1-pound loaf pan for pound cakes as they bake up in the perfect size, that if you cut them into eight slices it is the perfect amount of cake to eat at once.
Tips for Making the Best Funfetti Pound Cake
• Make sure you are suing a good pan. My favorite is USA Pan 1-pound Loaf Pan, and the little ridges in their pans make all the difference. They are really the best pan! And, they are inexpensive, so it should be an easy decision if you need to replace your pan.
• Make sure your butter is soft. This is key for any pound cake recipe, it should be so soft that if you pressed your finger into the stick, it would easily make an indent. I like to leave butter out to soften at room temperature, as opposed to softening it in the microwave. It softens so much better at room temperature, and now that the weather is getting nicer out, it should be easy to do that. I leave it out overnight usually. If you must soften in microwave, then be sure to only do 10 seconds per 1/2 cup at one time, otherwise, it will melt portions of the butter which is not good.
• Pound cake has so few ingredients, so using high quality organic ingredients really matter – like sugar. I use organic cane sugar, and would highly recommend using it for this cake! Even if you just buy the grocery store brand, it will be so much better than a non organic option.
• Make sure to test that your cake is done by sticking a wooden pick in the center – like a toothpick, chopstick, or you can even use a butter knife. Make sure it comes out clean, and not sticky with batter. Don’t be afraid to bake a little longer if it is not clean, it’s important that you test your cakes before removing them from the oven and not just go off the baking time, as all ovens can be a little different.
• Make sure your pound cake cools completely before adding the glaze. This is very important! I prefer to bake my cakes in the afternoon, let them cool for a few hours, then glaze them and let them sit overnight. The glaze will seal the cake into the loaf pan, so you don’t need to remove it and cover it, as it will keep just fine overnight if you glaze it. Then, the following day, the glaze will be set and your pound cake will be ready to serve.
• I use all natural rainbow sprinkles in this Funfetti Pound Cake, they have no artificial colors and are made using plant based dyes. My favorite ones are India Tree Nature’s Color Carnival Sprinkles.
Funfetti Pound CakeDifficulty: Easy
My classic pound cake recipe is all dressed up with rainbow sprinkles and a sweet glaze on top. This Funfetti Pound Cake is the perfect dessert for any occasion!
1/2 cup (113 grams) organic salted butter, softened
340 grams (1 1/2 cups) organic cane sugar
2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
3 organic large eggs
212 grams (1 1/2 cups) all natural cake flour
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/2 cup organic milk
57 grams (1/3 cup) all natural rainbow sprinkles
212 grams (1 1/2 cups) organic powdered sugar, sifted
2 tablespoons organic milk
all natural rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 1-pound loaf pan with parchment paper, letting it fold over the sides for easier removal.
- To make the batter: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, cane sugar and vanilla extract. Add in the eggs and mix on low until combined. Scrape down the side of the bowl and mix again until combined.
- Add the milk, cake flour and sea salt in that order, and mix on low until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed to ensure a smooth batter and everything is mixed. Add the rainbow sprinkles and mix to combine completely.
- Pour the cake batter into the loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in the cake pan.
- To make the glaze: In a medium bowl, add the powdered sugar and milk and whisk until combined into a smooth glaze.
- Add the glaze over the top of the cake and spread evenly. Top with rainbow sprinkles.
- Store in a cake dome for up to 7 days.
- High Altitude — Bake at 350°F for 1 hour, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Chocolate Pound Cake recipe, which I’m sure you’ll love too! And, share it with someone who you think will like it too!