You guys have been loving my From Scratch Chocolate Pudding recipe, and I don’t blame you – it’s so good! I’m a little obsessed with it. So much so, that I have been making so many other pudding recipes! And today I’m sharing my From Scratch Banana Pudding recipe with you.
This recipe for From Scratch Banana Pudding is so easy to make! I can’t stress that enough! If you love my Banana Cream Pie recipe than you will love this recipe because it is very similar, yet it only takes a fraction of the time! This comes together in just a few minutes on the stovetop, making it a simple no bake dessert. And you can eat it plain or add Homemade Whipped Cream on top, fresh bananas, other fruit like raspberries or strawberries, or even add a cookie on top!
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
From Scratch Banana PuddingDifficulty: Easy
Smooth and creamy from scratch Banana Pudding is the perfect end to any meal. Top it with homemade whipped cream, fresh banana slices, or even cookies!
2 organic large ripe bananas
2 cups organic milk
57 grams (1/4 cup) packed organic light brown sugar
57 grams (1/4 cup) organic cane sugar
4 organic large egg yolks
1/4 cup organic heavy whipping cream
3 tablespoons organic cornstarch
2 tablespoons organic salted butter
1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
1/2 organic cinnamon
Pinch of organic cloves
- In a high powered blender, add the bananas and milk. Blend until you have a smooth puree, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add the milk and banana mixture, brown sugar, and cane sugar. Cook over medium heat until it reaches 140°F on a drink thermometer.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks. Once the sugar and milk mixture has reached 140°F, slowly add about half of it into the egg yolks whisking the entire time. Then add this mixture back into the pot and whisk to combine completely.
- Add in the heavy whipping cream and cornstarch and whisk to combine completely.
- Continue to cook and whisk over medium heat until the mixture starts to simmer and has noticeably thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in the butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and cloves and whisk to combine completely.
- Pour into individual serving dishes or into a bowl, and cover with plastic wrap. Store in the fridge overnight.
- Once the pudding has set after 24 hours, it can be stored without the plastic wrap on it, in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- High Altitude — Follow the recipe as noted.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my From Scratch Chocolate Pudding recipe, which I’m sure you’ll love too! And, share it with someone who you think will like it too!