These classic Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache Frosting can now be enjoyed without eggs with my easy recipe!
If you're looking for more eggless cakes, then check out some of my other favorites like my Eggless Coconut Sheet Cake, Eggless Strawberry Banana Snack Cake, or my Eggless Chocolate Caramel Cake Balls.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
If you are looking for a classic cupcake that everyone will love, then look no further. These Eggless Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache Frosting is a simple and stunning cupcake for any occasion.
These moist and sweet vanilla cupcakes are topped with a light and creamy chocolate ganache frosting. You'd never know these amazing cupcakes are baked without eggs.
Tips for Eggless Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache Frosting
• Make sure you have the Chocolate Ganache made first. You can do this the day ahead as well if you want.
• Make sure your butter is soft. I like to leave butter out at room temperature overnight to ensure it softens naturally, this is always the best way! But, if during the colder months it is still not soft, you can pop it in the microwave for 10 second intervals. Do not do more than 10 seconds per 1 stick of butter, as it can melt portions of the butter into a liquid, and we don't want that. Even if you have to hit 10 seconds three times, that is better than hitting 30 seconds total.
• Make sure your milk and sour cream are room temperature. When you work so hard to get soft butter, then cream it with the sugar, adding in cold ingredients could derail all your hard work. Because when the cold ingredients go into the warm butter and sugar, it can cause the butter to clump up again – which is exactly what we were trying to avoid!
• It is important to use baking powder in this recipe and not baking soda. Though they may seem similar, the two are not interchangeable. Baking soda needs certain ingredients to react with in order to work, and this recipe doesn't have any of those ingredients. Therefore, in order to get the best rise, baking powder is necessary. Plus, if you use baking soda in recipes where it doesn't have acid to react with, then it can cause your baked goods to taste sour.
• I always use natural rainbow sprinkles without artificial colors. My favorite is the Carnival Mix from India Tree, you can find them here. They are beautiful pastel rainbow sprinkles.
Ingredients for Eggless Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache Frosting
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Eggless Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache FrostingDifficulty: Easy
Moist and sweet vanilla cake is topped with a light and creamy chocolate ganache frosting. You'd never know these amazing cupcakes are baked without eggs.
1/2 cup (113 grams) organic salted butter, softened
170 grams (3/4 cup) organic cane sugar
1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
1 cup organic milk, room temperature
1/4 cup organic sour cream, room temperature
248 grams (1 3/4 cups) organic cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
454 grams (3 cups plus 3 tablespoons) organic powdered sugar, sifted
1/2 cup (113 grams) organic salted butter, softened
57 grams Organic Chocolate Ganache
All natural rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 cupcake pans with liners.
- To make the batter: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, cane sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix on low until combined and there are no butter chunks.
- Add the milk and sour cream and mix on low until combined.
- Add the cake flour, baking powder, and sea salt in that order and mix on low until a smooth batter forms. Scoop into cupcake liners, filling three-quarters full.
- Bake for 20 to 24 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in the cupcake pans.
- To make the frosting: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the powdered sugar, butter, and chocolate ganache. Mix on low until combined, then speed mixer up to high until and fluffy. Transfer to a piping bag with decorating tip #846.
- Pipe frosting onto each cupcake and top with rainbow sprinkles.
- Store in an airtight container (or cake dome) for up to 3 days.
- Gluten Free — Replace the cake flour with 248 grams (scant 1 2/3 cups) organic gluten free flour blend.
- High Altitude — Bake at 350°F for 18 to 22 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!