Soft, chewy, slightly sweet, and a little salty. These Eggless Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Honey Cookies are so good, you'll wan to make them every week even if you eat eggs!
If you're looking for more eggless cookies, be sure to check out some of my other favorites like my Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies, Coffee Creamer Cookies, or my Eggless Chocolate Dipped Almond Cookies.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
In the heat of summer, I love leaving my cookies in the fridge or in the freezer. They make for a tasty cold dessert while still getting to eat my all time favorite dessert – cookies! Plus, when you keep your cookies in the freezer you don't feel like you have to eat them or they'll go bad! I actually keep my Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies in the freezer all the time, as I love eating them straight out of there, and then I can enjoy one whenever I want. And while that recipe has been so popular, I thought I'd give you guys another recipe that is similar but different.
These Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Honey Cookies are just like my Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies, but I made them with honey, dark chocolate and sprinkled some coarse sea salt on top. They are still eggless, soft, and incredibly chewy cookies just like the classics. This is probably one of my favorite cookies I've ever made! Yes, I just said that! If you like really chewy, almost doughy cookies then you will love these!
Tips for Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Honey Cookies
• Make sure your butter is soft. It should come together with the sugar in honey in less than a minute. And when it's soft, it will then allow it to be mixed properly for the additional 5 minutes to turn light and fluffy. If it's not soft to begin with, then the time frame for this step will be off. I like to leave my butter out on the counter overnight so it softens at room temperature. And especially during the warmer months, this is the best trick!
• I love this cookie recipe because you can make it taste a little different depending on what kind of honey you use. I love getting local honey during this time of year, and I recently got an orange blossom honey and it's so good. So of course, it is delicious in these cookies! Mix it up with different kinds of honey.
• The dark chocolate I use is from Mama Ganache Chocolates, and the disks are very very thin so when I chop them I get really thin slices of chocolate. These chunks of chocolate bake up as layers inside this amazing cookie and it's so good when you bite in! You can order through Mama Ganache's website to buy bulk chocolate here.
• If you don't have coarse sea salt you can use a sprinkle of fine sea salt as well, I just like the texture the coarse sea salt brings to these cookies.
Ingredients for Eggless Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Honey Cookies
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Eggless Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Honey CookiesDifficulty: Easy
Soft and chewy, the addition of honey in this eggless chocolate chip cookie recipe makes for a sweet cookie with the best texture!
3/4 cup (170 grams) organic salted butter, softened
170 grams (3/4 cup) organic cane sugar
43 grams (2 tablespoons) organic raw honey
1/4 cup organic milk
255 grams (2 cups) organic all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
185 grams (1 1/4 cups) organic chopped dark chocolate
Flaky sea salt, for topping
- Line 1 cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, cane sugar, and honey. Mix on low until combined and there are no chunks of butter. Then continue to mix on low for 5 minutes, set a timer. The butter mixture will be light fluffy.
- Add the milk, flour, baking powder, and fine sea salt in that order and mix on low until a dough forms. Add the dark chocolate chunks and mix on low until combined.
- Using your hands or a cookie scoop, roll or scoop the balls into 24 balls and place them on the prepared cookie sheet. Refrigerate the cookie sheet overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a second cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread out the cookie dough evenly onto each sheet, so there is space between them. Or you can just bake off what you want right now, and store the rest in the fridge (covered with plastic wrap or in a Tupperware) for up to 7 days.
- Bake for 11 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt immediately after coming out of the oven.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
- Gluten Free – Replace the organic all purpose flour with 269 grams (1 3/4 cups) organic gluten free flour blend.
- High Altitude – Bake at 375°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!