With my new book, Effortless Eggless Baking, coming out soon I have really enjoyed making all the eggless recipes that it has inspired me to keep making more! My Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies are still one of the most popular recipe on the blog, and I had so many oranges at the beginning of summer when I raided the orange tree at a hotel I was staying at. So, I thought of making these Eggless Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies.
My Lemon Zest Chocolate Chip Cookies were one of my favorite recipes I made this spring, so I knew that an orange version would be delicious as well. And, I decided to make them eggless as I really really love eggless cookies! I find that they can be even chewier and more soft than cookies with eggs. If you want to know more about that, and why, you should preorder my book, Effortless Eggless Baking! But, in the meantime, grab the recipe for my Eggless Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies below.
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Eggless Orange Chocolate Chip CookiesDifficulty: Easy
Soft and chewy eggless chocolate chip cookie recipe with added orange zest. These light and citrus chocolate chip cookies are ones that everyone will love!
3/4 cup (170 grams) organic salted butter, softened
226 grams (1 cup) organic cane sugar
1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
1/2 cup organic vanilla yogurt
255 grams (2 cups) organic all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
Zest of 1 large organic orange
198 grams (1 cup) organic semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, cane sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix on low until combined, then continue to mix on low for at least 5 minutes until the butter and sugar is light and fluffy.
- Add the yogurt, all purpose flour, baking powder, sea salt, and orange zest in that order. Mix on low until combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix on low to combine.
- Roll the cookies into 24 balls and place them on the prepared baking sheets, spacing them at least 1-inch apart.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes o until lightly golden brown on the bottoms.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
- Gluten Free — Replace the all purpose flour with 269 grams (1 3/4 cups) organic gluten free flour blend.
- High Altitude — Bake at 375°F for 9 to 11 or until lightly golden brown on the bottoms.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, which I’m sure you’ll love too! And, share it with someone who you think will like it too!