I make French toast pretty often, so it’s surprising that I haven’t shared my simple and easy French Toast recipe on the blog yet. So, today I’m sharing my recipe for Easy Cinnamon French Toast.
French toast has always been my favorite of the breakfast items you eat with syrup. Yes, I love waffles too, but French toast just takes the cake for me. I love it because it’s simple and easy to make, you can whip up 2 slices real quick no problem. So, if Delaney doesn’t want French toast and I do, I can just make it for myself very easily. Versus waffles or pancake recipes as they make a lot for one batch. I use just 5 simple organic ingredients to make my delicious Easy Cinnamon French Toast. Get the recipe below.
Tips for making the best French Toast
- Use bread that you like. If you prefer white bread, use it. If you prefer wheat, use it. The flavor of the bread you choose will come through in the French toast, so it should be one that you like. For this specific recipe I chose white bread because this is a simple and classic French toast recipe.
- Do use whole milk! This is for fat and flavor so using whole milk is important.
- Make sure to soak the bread for a few minutes. You shouldn’t see any dry spots on the bread when it goes into the skillet. Soaking it until it is completely coated is important as that gives the flavor to the French toast and also makes it turn golden brown.
- Use a medium heat so you get a golden brown color, as that’s where the flavor will shine through.
- Do buy pure organic maple syrup. This is one of the items I really highly recommend spending a little more and buying the good stuff!
- Eat your French toast immediately after cooking it. This is not a recipe to save and it’s best when eaten immediately.
Easy Cinnamon French Toast
Makes 4 slices
4 slices organic white bread
2 organic large eggs
1/4 cup organic milk
1 teaspoon organic cinnamon
1/4 cup (57 grams) organic salted butter, for cooking
organic fresh strawberries
organic powdered sugar
organic maple syrup
In a shallow dish, add the eggs, milk, and cinnamon. Whisk together.
Soak 2 slices of bread in the egg mixture.
In a large skillet, add 2 tablespoons of butter and put over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add the 2 slices of soaked bread and cook until lightly golden brown on the bottom, flip and cook until lightly golden brown on the other side. Remove from heat.
Soak the remaining 2 pieces of bread in the egg mixture, and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet. Add the 2 slices of soaked bread and cook until lightly golden brown on the bottom, flip and cook until lightly golden brown on the other side. Remove from heat.
Dust with powdered sugar, add fresh strawberries, and serve with maple syrup.
Gluten Free – Use gluten free bread.
High Altitude – Follow the recipe as noted.
Did you make this recipe? Make sure to tag @mimibakescookies on Instagram!