The best of both worlds, tacos and burgers come together in this recipe for Easy Chicken Taco Burgers! These flavorful ground chicken burgers are seasoned with chili lime spices and topped with traditional taco fixings like cabbage, grilled onions, avocado, cilantro, and salsa.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
You will love these burgers with grilled onions. This recipe for Easy Chicken Taco Burgers is the best because it combines tacos and burgers into one amazing meal! These flavorful ground chicken burgers are a fusion of zesty lime, Mexican spices, and juicy ground chicken.
These Easy Chicken Taco Burgers are a delicious alternative to traditional beef burgers that will transport your taste buds to a fiesta of flavors. Spice up your burger game this summer and try this healthy take on the classic burger!
Ingredients for Easy Chicken Taco Burgers
Organic Green Cabbage
Can I add cheese?
Yes, if you want to add cheese, try adding an organic Mexican shredded cheese, like Organic Valley to the burgers right before they are done cooking. I’m a firm believer that classic tacos don’t have cheese, or need it, so I didn’t add. But we’ve made these multiple times since I shot these photos, and Delaney really likes adding this cheese!
Can I use ground turkey?
Yes! You can use ground turkey in these burgers and it’s just as delicious. I’ve made these both ways and they’re both really good. I do prefer the chicken, but if you have turkey in a pinch it’s just fine!
Can I use ground beef?
Yes, if you want to use ground beef for this recipe you can also do that! The Watkins 1868 Chili Lime Seasoning is also really good with beef!
Can I make these on the grill?
Absolutely, you can grill these or make them in a skillet. However, you want to cook them, they are delicious either way!
Why go organic?
You may be wondering why I push organic ingredients for everything, even savory and healthy dishes. Organic ingredients go beyond just health and wellness, and contribute so much to the taste and flavor of a recipe. So, if you think that you're making something healthy and buying fruits, veggies, or meats so maybe you don't need to spend the extra to go organic here – let me sway your thinking.
Organic ingredients are made in a more pure way, therefore using no additives, no GMOs, and minimal ingredients. This really allows the true ingredients to shine – and because of that their flavor shines through. Therefore, organic ingredients are more flavorful than their non organic counterparts. So, just because it's already a healthy recipe, or you're already buying good for you ingredients – it doesn't mean you can skip organic! Trust me here, and make the switch. Your body and your taste buds will thank you!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Easy Chicken Taco BurgersDifficulty: Easy
If you love burgers with grilled onions, you will love these Easy Chicken Taco Burgers! Try this light and delicious take on a classic burger this summer.
1 organic yellow onion
2 tablespoons organic salted butter
Organic Green Cabbage
1 organic avocado
12 ounces Organic Prairie Ground Chicken
Watkins 1868 Organic Chili Lime Seasoning
2 tablespoons organic avocado oil
Organic black pepper
Fine sea salt
3 Organic Sprouted Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns
Organic Fresh Cilantro
- Slice the onion very thin. Add the butter and onions to a medium skillet and put over medium/high heat. Sauté until onions are translucent and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, set aside.
- Chop green cabbage, about 3/4 cup. Slice avocado. Set aside.
- Using your hands, form the ground chicken into 3 balls (weighing about 4 ounces each). Flatten the balls so they are about 4 to 5 inches in diameter. Lightly salt and pepper the top, and sprinkle with the Chili Lime Seasoning.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the avocado oil (or alternatively you can cook these on the grill). Add the butters seasoning side down. Lightly salt and pepper the top sides and sprinkle with Watkins Chili Lime seasoning. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until golden brown and the internal temperature is 165°F. Remove from the heat.
- Lightly toast buns. Place cabbage, fresh cilantro on top of bun. Add the grilled onions, chicken burger, top with avocado, and salsa.
- High Altitude – Follow the recipe as noted.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Pork & Peppers Lettuce Cups and share it with someone who think may enjoy it too!