I recently got a ton of tea from Brew La La, I love their tea. So I’ve been wanting to bake so many tea inspired recipes lately. And then my friend Tyler sent me a reel with this amazing audio and so I spent the day baking this Earl Grey Green Tea Pound Cake just to make a reel with it.
This Earl Grey Green Tea Pound Cake is made using the Brew La La Earl Grey Green Tea. This easy pound cake recipe is very simple, yet it has so much flavor! That’s one of the many things I love about pound cake, it really lets the ingredients shine in the best way.
You guys have asked that I share more of the exact ingredients I’m using in recipes, so I have decided to share them this way here. This is exactly what I used to bake this pound cake recipe. I hope you’ll use my favorite ingredients, and if you can’t find something never hesitate to reach out for an alternative!
I baked this Earl Grey Green Tea Pound Cake in a 1-pound loaf pan. My favorite loaf pans are from USA Pan as the little ridges in their pans really help the cakes bake up just perfectly. I highly recommend you invest in one if you don’t already have one, they are the best! Grab the recipe below for my Earl Grey Green Tea Pound Cake.
Ingredients for Earl Grey Green Tea Pound Cake
Organic Salted Butter I use Organic Valley Salted Butter in this cake. If you can’t get Organic Valley, the Costco Kirkland Organic Salted Butter is my second favorite and I buy it all the time!
Organic Cane Sugar In this pound cake I used the Costco Kirkland Organic Cane Sugar. I love that they make 10-pound bags!
Organic Vanilla Extract Simply Organic Vanilla Extract is what I used in this pound cake. Their pure and true vanilla flavor commitments any baked good.
Organic Large Eggs I used the O Organics Large Eggs here. Vons pretty much always has these eggs in stock which is great!
Organic Milk I used Organic Valley Grassmilk in this recipe. Grassmilk is really so much better than regular milk, I can taste the difference!
Organic Earl Grey Green Tea I used Brew La La for this Organic Earl Grey Green Tea. I used one bag in the batter and I steeped the second tea bag into warm milk before adding the milk into the batter.
Cake Flour I used King Arthur Cake Flour in this recipe as I found some in my back stock pantry. But you can also make your own cake flour!
Fine Sea Salt I use the table grind sea salt from Frontier Co-Op. I buy the 5-pound bags and we use it for our salt shaker as well as all our cooking and baking.
Organic Powdered Sugar I use Florida Crystals Organic Powdered Sugar in this pound cake.
Organic Cream Cheese I always use Organic Valley Cream Cheese, it’s my absolute favorite and it adds amazing flavor into the frosting.
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Earl Grey Green Tea Pound CakeDifficulty: Easy
The perfect combination of butter, sugar, and flour make up this Earl Grey Pound Cake. Serve this with a cup of tea or enjoy with your morning coffee!
1/2 cup organic milk
2 organic earl grey green tea bags
1/2 cup (113 grams) organic salted butter, softened
340 grams (1 1/2 cups) organic cane sugar
2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
3 organic large eggs
212 grams (1 1/2 cups) cake flour
1/4 teaspoon fine salt
1/4 cup (57 grams) organic salted butter, softened
2 ounces (57 grams) organic cream cheese
212 grams (1 1/2 cups) organic powdered sugar, sifted
- To make the batter: Add the milk to a small saucepan and heat until it reaches 140°F on a drink thermometer. Remove from heat. Add in one of the tea bags and allow to steep for 5 minutes. Remove tea bag, let milk come to room temperature before beginning next step.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 1-pound loaf pan with parchment paper, letting it fold over the sides for easier removal.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, cane sugar and vanilla extract. Add in the eggs and mix on low until combined. Scrape down the side of the bowl and mix again until combined.
- Add the milk, cake flour, contents of the remaining tea bag, and sea salt in that order, and mix on low until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed to ensure a smooth batter and everything is mixed. Pour the cake batter into the loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in the cake pan.
- To make the frosting: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar. Mix on low until combined, then speed mixer up to high and mix for 1 minute or until light and fluffy.
- Spread the frosting over the top of the loaf cake.
- Store in a cake dome for up to 7 days.
- High Altitude — Bake at 350°F for 1 hour, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Cranberry Orange Apple Bread recipe, which I’m sure you’ll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!