This fall inspired soup was created with my friends at Organic Valley. This Creamy Pumpkin Spiced Soup is an easy fall inspired soup recipe that uses the best dairy from Organic Valley!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
When the idea came for a creamy pumpkin soup, I knew I wanted to add some spices to it, because, hello – it's pumpkin spice season! And even though this pumpkin soup has spices, it's still a savory dish that can be served as a meal or as a side dish. I topped it with toasted pumpkin seeds and fresh scallions. Serve it with warm bread for dipping or cheese and crackers for a fall inspired lunch.
I love Organic Valley as they have the absolute best dairy! They go above and beyond the organic standards for animal care and so much more. Spending the little extra on quality dairy will really make a difference in a creamy based soup recipe like this!
Ingredients for Creamy Pumpkin Spiced Soup
Organic Sweet Potaotes
Organic White Onion
Organic Kettle & Fire Vegetable Broth (use code MIMIBAKESCOOKIES for 20% off your order!)
Why go organic?
You may be wondering why I push organic ingredients for everything, even savory and healthy dishes. Organic ingredients go beyond just health and wellness, and contribute so much to the taste and flavor of a recipe. So, if you think that you're making something healthy and buying fruits, veggies, or meats so maybe you don't need to spend the extra to go organic here – let me sway your thinking.
Organic ingredients are made in a more pure way, therefore using no additives, no GMOs, and minimal ingredients. This really allows the true ingredients to shine – and because of that their flavor shines through. Therefore, organic ingredients are more flavorful than their non organic counterparts. So, just because it's already a healthy recipe, or you're already buying good for you ingredients – it doesn't mean you can skip organic! Trust me here, and make the switch. Your body and your taste buds will thank you!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Creamy Pumpkin Spiced SoupDifficulty: Easy
This Creamy Pumpkin Spiced Soup is filled with pumpkin, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, cardamom and more to give you all the fall vibes.
2 pounds organic sweet potatoes, left whole
2 tablespoons Organic Valley Salted Butter
1/2 cup organic diced white onion
1 organic garlic clove, minced
1 1/2 cups organic pumpkin purée
1 cup organic vegetable stock
2 tablespoons organic whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon organic cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon organic ginger
1/2 teaspoon organic cloves
1/2 teaspoon organic black pepper
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/4 teaspoon organic nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon organic cardamom
Organic scallions, minced
Organic toasted pumpkin seeds
- Fill a 6-quart pot three-quarters full with water. Bring to a boil and add the sweet potatoes. Boil for 10 to 15 minutes, until tender when poked with a fork.
- While the sweet potatoes cook, melt the butter in a small saucepan and sauté the onions and garlic until onions are translucent and fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and let rest until cool enough to touch. Peel the potatoes (the skins will pop right off for the most part), cut into large chunks, and place in a high-powered blender. Add the sautéed onions and garlic, pumpkin purée, and vegetable stock and blend until smooth.
- Return the pumpkin mixture to the 6-quart pot and add the milk, cream, flour, and cinnamon, ginger, cloves, black pepper, sea salt, nutmeg, and cardamom, and stir to combine. Heat over high heat and whisk until spices and flour are combined, about 3 to 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Serve immediately topped with fresh chives and toasted pumpkin seeds.
- High Altitude – Follow the recipe as noted.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out the post The Best Homemade Apple Pie Recipes, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!