Looking for an easy and equally impressive recipe? This recipe for Cookie Dough Cups checks all the boxes. It’s a no bake recipe, everyone loves cookie dough, it’s eggless, and it will impress everyone because – c’mon, candy always impresses! And, it’s no bake for those of you who don’t want to turn on your oven because it’s too hot out! It is seriously 80 degrees every day in Mammoth right now, which is the best time to make no bake desserts.
These are like traditional large peanut butter cups, but instead of peanut butter the filling is cookie dough. I used milk chocolate for these, but you could youse dark if you prefer as well. This recipe can be made gluten free or vegan by just adjusting a few simple things. I’ve made notes below for those adjustments (for those of you who need it). Find the recipe below for these easy and oh so delicious Cookie Dough Cups.
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Cookie Dough CupsDifficulty: Easy
Just like your favorite peanut butter cup – but filled with cookie dough instead. This easy no bake candy recipe is one you’ll love.
1/4 cup (57 grams) organic salted butter, softened
57 grams (1/4 cup) organic cane sugar
28 grams (2 tablespoons) organic dark brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
64 grams (1/2 cup) organic all purpose flour
17 ounces organic milk chocolate, chopped
- Line a cupcake tin with liners.
- To make the filling: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, cane sugar, dark brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix on low until combined and there are no chunks of butter. Add the flour and mix on low until combined. Set aside.
- Using a double boiler, add about 80% of the milk chocolate and melt until it reaches 110°F on a chocolate thermometer. Remove from heat and add in the remaining 20% and stir vigorously to combine. Allow to sit and come down to 89°F.
- While the chocolate is cooling, form the cookie dough filling into 15 small disks and set aside.
- Pour a small amount of chocolate into each cupcake liner (about a quarter of the liner), enough to coat the bottom. Place the trays immediately in the freezer to harden. Allow to sit in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes. Once set remove, and add the cookie dough disks. Then top with the remaining chocolate. For each cup, it will only be about half way full once finished, for reference. Place back the freezer and allow to set.
- To serve, remove the paper lines. Store in a cool dry place or in the fridge.
- Gluten Free – Replace the flour with 78 grams (1/2 cup) organic gluten free flour blend.
- Vegan – Replace the butter with a vegan butter and use dark chocolate in place of milk chocolate.
- High Altitude – Follow the recipe as noted.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Chocolate Peanut Caramel Candies recipe, which I’m sure you’ll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!