Home » Cookie Dough Cups

Cookie Dough Cups

Just like your favorite peanut butter cup, but filled with cookie dough. These Cookie Dough Cups are a delicious way to eat the forbidden dough. Covered in milk chocolate, this tastes just like cookie dough from the bowl, but in a convenient candy!

If you're looking for more candy recipes, be sure to check out some of my other favorites like my Dark Chocolate Coconut Squares, Easy Mini Peanut Butter Cups, or my Chocolate Cream Drops.

cookie dough cups recipe

Why You'll Love This Recipe

If you love eating cookie dough from the bowl when you make chocolate chip cookies, then you will love these Cookie Dough Cups! This easy no bake recipe tastes just like sneaking a bite of cookie dough, but without the worry of raw eggs.

This recipe for Cookie Dough Cups is an amazing treat to make for a party as they can easily be made ahead of time. You can also easily freeze these for treats you can pull out at a moments notice!

cookie dough cups recipe

Ingredients for Cookie Dough Cups

Organic Valley Salted Butter

Costco Kirkland Organic Cane Sugar

Homemade Organic Dark Brown Sugar

Simply Organic Vanilla Extract

Cairnspring Mills Organic All Purpose Flour

Mama Ganache Organic Milk Chocolate

cookie dough cups recipe

Why Organic

Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!

So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.

cookie dough cups recipe

Cookie Dough Cups

Recipe by MimiDifficulty: Easy



Just like your favorite peanut butter cup – but filled with cookie dough instead. This easy no bake candy recipe is one you'll love.


  • Filling
  • 1/4 cup (57 grams) organic salted butter, softened

  • 57 grams (1/4 cup) organic cane sugar

  • 28 grams (2 tablespoons) organic dark brown sugar

  • 1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract

  • 64 grams (1/2 cup) organic all purpose flour

  • Topping
  • 17 ounces organic milk chocolate, chopped


  • Line a cupcake tin with liners.
  • To make the filling: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, cane sugar, dark brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix on low until combined and there are no chunks of butter. Add the flour and mix on low until combined. Set aside.
  • Using a double boiler, add about 80% of the milk chocolate and melt until it reaches 110°F on a chocolate thermometer. Remove from heat and add in the remaining 20% and stir vigorously to combine. Allow to sit and come down to 89°F.
  • While the chocolate is cooling, form the cookie dough filling into 15 small disks and set aside.
  • Pour a small amount of chocolate into each cupcake liner (about a quarter of the liner), enough to coat the bottom. Place the trays immediately in the freezer to harden. Allow to sit in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes. Once set remove, and add the cookie dough disks. Then top with the remaining chocolate. For each cup, it will only be about half way full once finished, for reference. Place back the freezer and allow to set.
  • To serve, remove the paper lines. Store in a cool dry place or in the fridge.


  • Gluten Free – Replace the flour with 78 grams (1/2 cup) organic gluten free flour blend.
  • Vegan – Replace the butter with a vegan butter and use dark chocolate in place of milk chocolate.
  • High Altitude – Follow the recipe as noted.

Did you make this recipe? 
Make sure to tag @mimibakescookies and @mimibakesphotos on Instagram!

Did you like this post?

Make sure to check out my Chocolate Peanut Caramel Candies recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!

Leave a Comment