Buttery, melt in your mouth, and crisp. These Coconut Vanilla Bean Mini Cookies are a bite sized cookie that allows you to have a sweet little something without overindulging.
If you love coconut as much as I do, be sure to check out some of my other favorite coconut recipes like my Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies, Dark Chocolate Coconut Squares, or my Toasted Coconut Bundt Cake.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Light and sweet, these Coconut Vanilla Bean Mini Cookies are the perfect bite size cookie for snacking or when you want just a little something sweet. The sweet coconut pairs wonderfully with the fresh ground vanilla bean. I love enjoying these with a glass of milk or a hot chocolate.
These mini cookies are such an easy recipe to make. The only specific tool you'll need for these is a .3 ounce cookie scoop. You can find that here, if you don't have one (it's about the size of a tablespoon) and the diameter is 1.3-inches. This particular size cookie scoop is important for this recipe as it makes these mini cookies the exact size for the baking time.
Ingredients for Coconut Vanilla Bean Mini Cookies
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Coconut Vanilla Bean Mini CookiesDifficulty: Easy
These bite sized coconut and vanilla bean cookies are a snack that's crave worthy any time of day.
85 grams (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons) organic coconut oil
142 grams (1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons) organic cane sugar
57 grams (1/4 cup plus 2 1/2 tablespoons) organic powdered sugar, sifted
2 teaspoons organic coconut extract
1/2 cup (113 grams) organic salted butter, softened
284 grams (2 1/4 cups) organic all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/2 teaspoon organic ground vanilla bean
85 grams (1 cup) organic fine shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the coconut oil, cane sugar, powdered sugar, and coconut extract. Mix on low until combined and there are no chunks of coconut oil. Add the butter, and mix just until the butter has broken up; you will still see chunks of butter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, sea salt, and vanilla bean. Add the flour mixture and the coconut to the butter mixture, and mix on low until combined into a dough.
- Using a .3-ounce cookie scoop (about the size of 1 tablespoon), scoop dough onto the prepared cookie sheets. Space the balls about 1 inch apart. Flatten each ball slightly.
- Bake for 16 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned. Let cool completely on the cookie sheets.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 10 days.
- Gluten Free – Replace the all purpose flour with 226 grams (scant 1 1/2 cups) organic gluten free flour blend plus 43 grams (scant 1/2 cup) organic coconut flour.
- High Altitude – Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!