I love a good burger. A cheeseburger was always something that was a treat growing up. My mom didn’t make them often as they were usually something that was grilled on the barbecue. So, living in Chicago they were really just a summer dinner menu item. But, I have since learned you do not need to make your burger on the barbecue. You most definitely can, but it’s not necessary if you’d like to enjoy a burger in the winter months. So, now I make burgers frequently as you can easily make them on the stovetop.
Since going organic, it’s harder to find a really good hamburger bun – especially in Mammoth! It’s the most difficult part of the burger! Finding organic ground beef, cheese, and veggies is very easy. But, I struggle with the buns. So, I’ve been ordering these seeded ones from Dave’s Killer Bread on Amazon, find them here. And get the recipe for my Classic Cheeseburger below.
Why go organic?
You may be wondering why I push organic ingredients for everything, even savory and healthy dishes. Organic ingredients go beyond just health and wellness, and contribute so much to the taste and flavor of a recipe. So, if you think that you’re making something healthy and buying fruits, veggies, or meats so maybe you don’t need to spend the extra to go organic here – let me sway your thinking.
Organic ingredients are made in a more pure way, therefore using no additives, no GMOs, and minimal ingredients. This really allows the true ingredients to shine – and because of that their flavor shines through. Therefore, organic ingredients are more flavorful than their non organic counterparts. So, just because it’s already a healthy recipe, or you’re already buying good for you ingredients – it doesn’t mean you can skip organic! Trust me here, and make the switch. Your body and your taste buds will thank you!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Classic CheeseburgerDifficulty: Easy
This classic cheeseburger has cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickles.
1/2 pound organic ground beef
salt and pepper
2 slices organic white cheddar cheese
Organic Romaine lettuce
2 slices organic tomato
2 large slices organic red onion
Organic hamburger pickles
- Form burger patties into 1/4-pound burgers that are about 5-inches in diameter. Salt and pepper each side.
- In a large skillet, turn heat to medium/high. Once the skillet is hot, place burger patties in the skillet. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes per side, flip and cook again on the second side. I like to cook my burgers to medium rare, but cook to your liking. Remove from heat.
- Add the cheese slices and allow to melt (trick is to cover with a lid here).
- To assemble: Lightly toast the buns. Add lettuce, burger, tomato slice, red onion slice, and pickles. Add condiments of your choice.
- Serve immediately.
- Gluten Free – Use a gluten free bun.
- High Altitude – Follow the recipe as noted.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Dill Cream Cheese Spread recipe, which I’m sure you’ll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!