I love making tarts because they just look so pretty! Plain and simple. I feel like tarts are the most vain of all desserts. They’re like Heeeyyyy, look at me, I’m so cool, I’m so chic, I’m just gorgeous! I also love tarts because they pack a punch in a small portion. Tarts are perfect for rich and decadent fillings because they are petite in height so you can enjoy an indulgent dessert in the perfect size.
I made a chocolate graham cracker crust, a chocolate ganache filling with peanut butter, and topped it with roasted and salted peanuts. The rich chocolate peanut butter filling is the perfect compliment to the chocolate graham crust and the roasted and salted peanuts for texture. I use both milk and dark chocolate here, but you could just as easily use one or the other as well. This rich and decadent tart recipe is one you’ll definitely want a glass of milk with! Get the recipe below for my Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart.
Tips for Making the Best Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart
• When making the chocolate graham cracker crust, make sure to food processor until you don’t see bits of graham cracker. It takes a little bit longer than a traditional graham cracker crust so that it looks uniform and completely chocolate.
• I form the sides of the crust first, and then use the remaining curst for the bottom.
• If you only have a 9-inch tart pan, that will work just fine for this!• Make sure to use chocolate that you like the taste of. This is a rich ganache filling, which means it’s basically all chocolate! So make sure you’re using high quality chocolate that you like as that flavor will shine through in the filling.
• Same goes for peanut butter. Always use a peanut butter you like the taste of. Baking isn’t like cooking where you use “cheap wine” to cook with. You want to use the highest quality ingredients because that’s your flavor profile. So, if you use a peanut butter or chocolate you don’t really like, you probably won’t like the final tart.
• Definitely use roasted and salted peanuts. Don’t use unsalted peanuts. The salt adds dimension to this rich tart, so I think that’s crucial!
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Chocolate Peanut Butter TartDifficulty: Easy
This simple Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart is actually very easy to make, and it’s a dessert that has a definite wow factor!
1 1/2 sleeves (204 grams) organic graham crackers
1/2 cup (113 grams) organic salted butter, softened
71 grams (1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon) organic cane sugar
28 grams (1/3 cup) organic Dutch cocoa powder
170 grams (1 cup plus 3 tablespoons) organic milk chocolate, finely chopped
170 grams (1 cup plus 3 tablespoons) organic dark chocolate, finely chopped
32 grams (2 tablespoons) organic peanut butter
3/4 cup organic heavy whipping cream, room temperature
Organic roasted & salted peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- To make the crust: In a food processor, add the graham crackers, butter, cane sugar, and cocoa powder. Process until you have a uniform sandy looking crust.
- Transfer the crust to a 9.5-inch tart pan and press into the sides of the pan and then into the bottom.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 6 minutes, until set and dry. Allow to cool completely.
- To make the filling: Using a double boiler, add the chocolate and peanut butter and melt completely. Slowly add the cream and whisk until completely combined. Remove from heat and pour into the crust.
- Top with peanuts. Allow the ganache to set completely before serving.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- High Altitude — Bake at 350°F for 5 minutes, until set and dry.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out the post The Best Homemade Apple Pie Recipes, which I’m sure you’ll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!