Indulge in this ultimate Chocolate Oreo Pound Cake. My classic Traditional Butter Pound Cake is topped with a homemade chocolate ganache and Newman’s Own Organic Chocolate Oreos for a chocolate lovers dream loaf cake.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
You will love this indulgent Chocolate Oreo Pound Cake because it is the best of both worlds. Rich, buttery, and sweet pound cake is topped with a luscious chocolate ganache and crumbled up Newman’s Own Organic Chocolate Oreos.
This Chocolate Oreo Pound Cake is incredibly easy to make, yet it is seriously impressive! This simple pound cake is a showstopper that everyone will love. I love using Newman’s Own Organic Oreos in desserts because everyone loves Oreos, but these are made with organic ingredients so you can feel good indulging!
Ingredients Chocolate Oreo Pound Cake
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Chocolate Oreo Pound CakeDifficulty: Easy
Indulge in this ultimate Chocolate Oreo Pound Cake! My traditional butter pound cake, topped with a homemade chocolate ganache and Newman’s Own Organic Chocolate Oreos!
1/2 cup (113 grams) organic salted butter, softened
340 grams (1 1/2 cups) organic cane sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
3 organic large eggs, room temperature
212 grams (1 1/2 cups) organic cake flour
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/2 cup organic milk, room temperature
organic powdered sugar, for topping
- Chocolate Ganache
142 grams organic dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup organic heavy whipping cream
- To make the batter: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 1-pound loaf pan with parchment paper, letting it fold over the sides for easier removal.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, cane sugar and vanilla extract. Add in the eggs and mix on low until combined. Scrape down the side of the bowl and mix again until combined.
- Add the milk, cake flour and sea salt in that order, and mix on low until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed to ensure a smooth batter and everything is mixed.
- Pour the cake batter into the loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in the cake pan.
- To make the ganache: In a heat proof bowl, add the chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream, microwave for 30 seconds and whisk to combine until the chocolate is melted and combined.
- Remove the cake from the pan. Add the chocolate ganache on top of the loaf cake and break up cookies on top.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- High Altitude — Bake at 350°F for 1 hour, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Toasted Coconut Bundt Cake recipe, which I’m sure you’ll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!