Chocolate Dipped Almond Shortbread Cookies

Shortbreads have become one of my favorite cookies to make and to eat. They are incredibly easy but also have their challenges at the same time. Because shortbread cookies have so few ingredients (which is part of what I love about them), every single ingredient matters! That’s why it is important to use the best organic ingredients because there are so few, so they truly make a difference.

This shortbread cookie is a slice and bake shortbread. I love these because there are two steps, which both are very easy. Yet, when you split them up, it can make this cookie recipe seem even easier! First, you make the dough, roll it out into a log and wrap it up. The dough chills in the fridge overnight, and then the next day you can just slice the cookie dough log and bake off the cookies. Splitting up the time really makes these cookies seem effortless!

Chocolate dipped almond shortbread cookies, recipe for almond shortbread cookies, slice and bake shortbread cookies, slice and bake cookie recipe, slice and bake shortbread cookie recipe. High altitude shortbread cookie recipe.
Chocolate dipped almond shortbread cookies, recipe for almond shortbread cookies, slice and bake shortbread cookies, slice and bake cookie recipe, slice and bake shortbread cookie recipe. High altitude shortbread cookie recipe.

Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why ou should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!

So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name.

Chocolate dipped almond shortbread cookies, recipe for almond shortbread cookies, slice and bake shortbread cookies, slice and bake cookie recipe, slice and bake shortbread cookie recipe. High altitude shortbread cookie recipe.
Chocolate dipped almond shortbread cookies, recipe for almond shortbread cookies, slice and bake shortbread cookies, slice and bake cookie recipe, slice and bake shortbread cookie recipe. High altitude shortbread cookie recipe.
Chocolate dipped almond shortbread cookies, recipe for almond shortbread cookies, slice and bake shortbread cookies, slice and bake cookie recipe, slice and bake shortbread cookie recipe. High altitude shortbread cookie recipe.
Chocolate dipped almond shortbread cookies, recipe for almond shortbread cookies, slice and bake shortbread cookies, slice and bake cookie recipe, slice and bake shortbread cookie recipe. High altitude shortbread cookie recipe.

Chocolate Dipped Almond Shortbread Cookies
Makes 28 cookies

Dough
1 cup (226 grams) organic salted butter, softened
142 grams (1 cup) organic powdered sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon organic almond flavor
255 grams (2 cups) all purpose flour

Topping
8 ounces (226 grams) organic dark chocolate, chopped
57 grams (scant 1/2 cup) organic whole almonds

Method
To make the dough: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, powdered sugar, and almond flavor. Mix on low until combined, then add the flour and mix on low until combined.

Have a large piece of plastic wrap ready and roll the dough into a log that is about 12-inches long. Wrap it in plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight.

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.

Cut the log into slices that are about ¼-inch thick and place on the prepared baking sheets.

Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown around the edges.

To make the topping: Using a double boiler, add 80% of the chocolate and melt until it reaches 115°F on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat, add in the remaining 20% of chocolate and stir to combine completely. Allow the chocolate to come down to 91°F.

Roughly chop the almonds. Dip half of each cookie into the dark chocolate and place back on the baking sheets. Sprinkle with the chopped almonds. Repeat with all the cookies.

Store in a cool dry place for up to 7 days.

High Altitude — Bake at 350°F for 12 to 14 minutes, or until lightly golden brown around the edges.

Did you make this recipe? Make sure to tag @mimibakescookies on Instagram!


Leave a Reply