As we get into summer, there’s nothing like cool treats to snack on. I love having desserts in the freezer for two reasons. One, I can eat them whenever without worrying about them going bad and two, they make for a delicious cold dessert. I frequently have candy in my fridge like my Mint Chocolate Coconut Truffles or my Mini Mounds Bars.
So, today I’m sharing my recipe for Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers so you have another recipe to keep in your freezer for cool treats this summer. Plus this is a no bake dessert recipe, so you don’t even have to turn on your oven! Making chocolate covered graham crackers are so easy! You just need a few simple ingredients: graham crackers and chocolate. I also used course sea salt to top mine as I love sweet and salty, but that is totally optional.
I used milk chocolate for this, but you could use dark as well. I really love the combination of the sweet milk chocolate, honey grahams, and the sea salt on top. I love storing these in the freezer because you can eat them straight out of the freezer, kinda similar to Thin Mints! Get the recipe for my Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers below.
Tips for Making the Best Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers
• Use high quality organic graham crackers. We aren’t making anything here and this dessert only has a couple ingredients – so make them the best ones! I usually buy Annie’s Organic Honey Graham Crackers, but I’ve also purchased the O Organics brand from Vons and those are good too!
• I use milk chocolate as I like the sweeter milk chocolate with the course sea salt combination. You can use any kind of chocolate you want – milk, dark, or white! Just make sure to use a high quality chocolate that is good for melting – not chocolate chips. When melting chocolate chips, they can sometimes have stabilizers in them so they aren’t great for covering things in chocolate as they can seize up and not melt properly. My favorite kind of chocolate is from Mama Ganache. You can buy in bulk on their website.
• I used one graham cracker square to sprinkle on top for a pretty finish. You can skip this step if you want and cover all the graham crackers. I just literally always break one graham cracker haha, so I use it for a topping.
• I didn’t temper the chocolate for this recipe as I usually just keep these in the freezer. If you are making these as a gift, then you may want to temper the chocolate, especially if it’s during the warmer months. But, if you’re storing in the fridge or freezer then this step is definitely not necessary.
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Chocolate Covered Graham CrackersDifficulty: Easy
Chocolate covered graham crackers make an easy and effortless dessert that everyone is sure to love.
1 sleeve organic Honey Graham Crackers
10 ounces organic milk chocolate, chopped
Coarse sea salt
- Break each graham cracker in half so you have squares. I literally always break just one graham cracker, which is why the recipe says it makes 17 and not 18, haha! Because I save the one square I break to crumble on top!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the milk chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Prepare a double boiler by filling a 2-quart pot one-third full with water. Add the bowl on top, making sure the water does not touch the bowl. Turn the heat on low and allow the chocolate to melt. Once completely melted, remove from heat.
- Dip each graham cracker square in the melted chocolate and coat completely. Remove and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with all the graham crackers
- Sprinkle the crushed graham cracker on top and dust with coarse sea salt.
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- High Altitude – Follow the recipe as noted.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Chocolate Peanut Caramel Candies recipe, which I’m sure you’ll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!