This simple healthy dinner recipe just uses one pan! Chicken, brussels sprouts, and sweet potatoes make up this one pan dinner recipe that bakes in less than 30 minutes!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This recipe for Chicken & Brussels Sprouts Sheet Pan Dinner is one I make all the time because it is so easy! Not only is this simple healthy dinner recipe easy, but it is so good! This one pan dinner recipe just uses a simple sheet pan, and you throw all the ingredients on it and let it bake, my kind of dinner.
I created this simple healthy dinner recipe with my friends at Organic Prairie. I use Organic Prairie Chicken Breasts for this easy one pan dinner recipe that is healthy, easy, and delicious! I use salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning for an insanely easy spice mix that gives a lot of flavor to this dinner combined with Organic Valley Ghee.
How to make Chicken & Brussels Sprouts Sheet Pan Dinner
First step is preheating the oven. Then trim and halve brussels sprouts and chop sweet potatoes into 1-inch cubes. These should be about the same size, so if you have incredibly large brussels sprouts, quarter them so they are smaller. You want them to be about the same size, so they cook evenly.
Next, mix together the salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning. Add the chicken breasts to a sheet pan and space out evenly.
Using a pastry brush, brush the ghee onto the chicken. Then add the sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts into all the empty space around the chicken. Brush the veggies with the remaining melted ghee. Sprinkle chicken and veggies with seasoning.
Bake the sheet pan at 425°F for 25 minutes, then it gets broiled for a few additional minutes to brown everything.
While the chicken is baking, cook the bacon to your liking. You can do this in a cast iron skillet or in your toaster oven or air fryer. Once bacon is cooked, chop into small pieces.
When the chicken comes out of the oven the chopped bacon is added and it’s ready to serve!
Ingredients I used to make this recipe for Chicken & Brussels Sprouts Sheet Pan Dinner
Organic Sweet Potatoes
Organic Brussels Sprouts
Why go organic?
You may be wondering why I push organic ingredients for everything, even savory and healthy dishes. Organic ingredients go beyond just health and wellness, and contribute so much to the taste and flavor of a recipe. So, if you think that you’re making something healthy and buying fruits, veggies, or meats so maybe you don’t need to spend the extra to go organic here – let me sway your thinking.
Organic ingredients are made in a more pure way, therefore using no additives, no GMOs, and minimal ingredients. This really allows the true ingredients to shine – and because of that their flavor shines through. Therefore, organic ingredients are more flavorful than their non organic counterparts. So, just because it’s already a healthy recipe, or you’re already buying good for you ingredients – it doesn’t mean you can skip organic! Trust me here, and make the switch. Your body and your taste buds will thank you!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Chicken & Brussels Sprouts Sheet Pan DinnerDifficulty: Easy
I love this simple healthy dinner recipe, it is one we make often at my house! This recipe is Whole30 approved, but you can easily add my Honey Butter Dinner Rolls if you want something more!
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Chop the sweet potato into 1-inch cubes.
- Trim Brussels sprouts and cut in half.
- In a small dish, add the sea salt, black pepper, and poultry seasoning and mix together. Set aside.
- Add chicken to a sheet pan and space it out evenly across the whole pan.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the chicken breasts with the melted ghee.
- Fill in the blank space on the baking sheet with the chopped Brussels and sweet potatoes. Brush the remaining ghee onto them as well.
- Sprinkle the spice mix over the top of the chicken, Brussels, and sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the chicken is 165°F internal temperature, then turn the oven to broil and broil for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the chicken is baking, add the bacon to a cast iron skillet and cook to your liking. Remove from heat and chop into small pieces.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, and sprinkle the bacon on top.
- Serve immediately.
- Note – When the sheet pan comes out of the oven, you can brush the extra ghee from the baking sheet onto the chicken for an extra golden-brown finish.
- High Altitude — Bake at 425°F for 20 minutes, or until chicken is 165°F internal temperature, then turn the oven to broil and broil for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden-brown.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out How to Eat Organic The Ultimate Guide! Share it with someone you think will like it too!