This Champagne Loaf Cake with Sugared Cranberries is a moist and tender cake with a sweet glaze. The Sugared Cranberries make a festive topping, making this a beautiful cake to ring in the new year.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
This Champagne Loaf Cake with Sugared Cranberries is a stunning cake to serve for New Year's! The Sugared Cranberries on top make this cake super festive and incredibly easy!
Make sure to make the Sugared Cranberries ahead of time so they have time to cool. You can even make them a few days in advance as well. If you're planning a New Year's Eve party, this Champagne Loaf Cake with Sugared Cranberries would be an amazing dessert.
Tips for Champagne Loaf Cake with Sugared Cranberries
• Have your cranberries made and ready to go. I like to make them a day ahead of time so they are just a topper and I can focus on the cake.
• Make sure you are using a USA Pan 1 1/4 pound loaf pan.
• Use champagne that you like the flavor of because you will taste it in the cake and especially in the frosting.
• Make sure your butter is soft, and your milk and eggs are at room temperature. This will help make the smoothest cake batter, which makes a softer and delicate cake.
• Don't be afraid to bake your cake a little longer if it needs it. Use a toothpick or a butter knife to stick into the middle of the cake to make sure it comes out clean. If it's wet, then you can bake it a little bit longer, try 5 minutes at a time and go from there.
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Champagne Loaf Cake with Sugared CranberriesDifficulty: Easy
This champagne loaf cake is topped with a sweet champagne glaze and sugared cranberries. It makes the perfect holiday cake.
Sugared Cranberries (find recipe here)
3/4 cup (170 grams) organic salted butter, softened
226 grams (1 cup) organic cane sugar
1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
3 organic large eggs, room temperature
3/4 cup organic milk, room temperature
255 grams (2 cups) organic all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
Zest of 1 organic lemon
142 grams (1 cup) organic powdered sugar, sifted
3 tablespoons champagne
- Gluten Free – Replace the flour with 269 grams (1 3/4 cups) organic gluten free flour blend.
- High Altitude – Bake at 350°F for 1 hour 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my Maple Cranberry Scones recipe, which I'm sure you'll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!