Hello Caramel Lollipops! I grew up eating these delicious little suckers from the beloved Fannie May, and these just take me back to childhood. Caramel Lollipops are the perfect candy for fall and the upcoming holidays! I always got Fannie May in my stocking as a kid, it was something I just knew every Christmas I would get. And, sometimes I was even more excited about it than my actual presents!
It took us a few good tries to get these right, but I’m so glad we did. They are rich, buttery and sweet caramel lollipops that you won’t find anywhere else. Make them at home with the recipe below. They are perfect for Holiday parties, wrap in cellophane and tie to the box of a Christmas gift or just make them for yourself because you deserve a treat this time of year too.
Why use organic ingredients in this recipe? You all know I’m a huge organic advocate, and I bet you may be thinking sometimes, Why would I even bother to use organic ingredients in something that is so sweet and indulgent? But, that is the exact reason why you should use organic ingredients! Sweet things need to have flavor in order to be good, otherwise they are just sweet and they don’t taste like much else. Organic ingredients are more pure than conventional ones, therefore they actually have more flavor than the non organic options. Say it with me, organic means more flavor! And not just more flavor but a more true and pure flavor. And organic ingredients are much healthier for you to eat in general as they do not contain GMOs or anything artificial. Plus, you are being environmentally friendly when you choose organic ingredients!
So, I highly recommend that you buy the best organic ingredients for this recipe! You can also shop my Amazon Storefront for all my favorite organic ingredients here. Tip – hover over each ingredient to see the name. And if you want to learn more about organic foods and the difference, read my post here on Food Labels and What They Mean.
Caramel LollipopsDifficulty: Intermediate
454 grams (2 cups) organic cane sugar
1/4 cup (57 grams) organic salted butter
1/4 cup organic heavy whipping cream
- Place sticks in lollipop mold.
- In a medium saucepan, add the sugar and put over medium heat. Once the sugar starts to melt, stir with a high heat spatula to keep from burning. Sugar clumps will form until the sugar turns into a liquid.
- Once the sugar has completely melted into a liquid, add the butter. Be careful because steam will rise up quickly. Stir rapidly until the mixture is combined.
- Once the butter is completely combined, add in the cream a little at a time. Be careful, because the cream is colder than the sugar mixture so more steam will rise up quickly. Stir rapidly to combine completely when each amount of cream is added.
- Pour caramel into lollipop molds. Let cool completely to harden, remove from molds.
- High Altitude – Follow the recipe as noted.
Did you like this post?
Make sure to check out my post Healthy Halloween Candy Roundup, which I’m sure you’ll love too! And, share it with someone who you think may also like it!